We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle from Kahului Airport to Lahaina

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sydney australia
reviews: 2
Shuttle from Kahului Airport to Lahaina

Has anyone used the shuttle to Lahaina recently. We are arriving March 2012 , for 4 days. We are not hiring a car at all.

I found two companies Speedi Shuttle and Maui Executive seem to do this run. Any others.

Just for 2 of us ,any ideas of price I can.t seem to work it out. One was I thouught $54 for 2 does this sound right, I know it is a good way away. Think they may be cheaper than a taxi.

Thanks

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
reviews: 6
1. Re: Shuttle from Kahului Airport to Lahaina

Aloha,

Yes, those are two of the shuttle companies. Another is VIP Transportation. VIP is a little less expensive.

A taxi will indeed be more-it will be around 80.00 to Lahaina, a little more to Kaanapali.

The price does run around 55, then add tax--it will be around 60-63 for 2.

California
reviews: 30
2. Re: Shuttle from Kahului Airport to Lahaina

Unless you just prefer not drive, most everyone rents a car. Maui is an easy place to drive for visitors.

sydney australia
3. Re: Shuttle from Kahului Airport to Lahaina

I have booked with VIP, $54 for 2 one way including taxes No advantage booking return just the same, so will see how they are , and if OK will book a return on arrival.

Thanks swmarket.

Maui
Destination Expert
4. Re: Shuttle from Kahului Airport to Lahaina

Aloha,

You're welcome! Have a wonderful visit.

sydney australia
5. Re: Shuttle from Kahului Airport to Lahaina

I am a bit concerned now as I recently read on the Honolulu forum, that someone had a booked and paid for a return journey with VIP to Lahaina, and when they arrived at the airport no one was there to meet them. When eventually they were able to contact them, they had no knowledge of their booking. Came and got them eventually and on return trip were very late and quite rude.

We had only booked one way just in case this may happen to us'

Wish us luck. My husband said earlier when I was thinking about booking, just wait till we get to the airport and get something theire. Think he thinks its something like Honolulu Airport, plenty of cabs and shuttles. But of course twice as far.

Princeville, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
6. Re: Shuttle from Kahului Airport to Lahaina

No, it's nothing like HNL!! Taxi's on Maui are very expensive and the shuttles have to be booked before arrival. Hopefully VIP is better on Maui than it apparently is on Oahu.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
reviews: 13
7. Re: Shuttle from Kahului Airport to Lahaina

I read that post too, beno...the main problem seemed to be, from my reading, that the e-mail confirmation had no "confirmation number" on it! I'd check that and if no number is listed e-mail the company again to get one. It at least gives you a reference point to dispute if needed.

That said I'm willing to bet you will be fine...every company experiences a "glitch" once in awhile. The key is not let it ruin your vacation! :-)

Have their number handy...a cab to Lahaina will cost nearly $100! Long story but I know!!!

Maui
Destination Expert
8. Re: Shuttle from Kahului Airport to Lahaina

Aloha,

The post about the problems with VIP was from a guest who stayed at the Aina Nalu here on Maui. Where did things go wrong? Who knows.............could be the poster's fault, or VIP's.

Both Speedi Shuttle and Executive also have people stationed at OGG most of the time, so worst case, you could get a shuttle with one of them if VIP fails you. But I bet---and hope, too!!--- that everything will be fine.

Lahaina, Hawaii
reviews: 28
9. Re: Shuttle from Kahului Airport to Lahaina

If you're staying in Lahaina Shores you can walk anywhere and take tours if you want to go beyond. Lots of people save money by staying here. :)

Maui
Destination Expert
10. Re: Shuttle from Kahului Airport to Lahaina

Aloha,

Ummm.........the original poster was here in March.