We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two single women going to Maui

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, FL
Two single women going to Maui

I just wanted to get some insight on this. My friend and I are currently planning a trip to Maui for February, 2006 and are likely going to be staying near Lahaina. We're both 26 and single and I was wondering if it was common to find at least a few single guys in Lahaina at night? During the day we'll be happy sight seeing and relaxing at the beach or pool, but we'll want to have some fun out at night. Any suggestions or thoughts on this would be appreciated!

Kihei, Hawaii
1. Re: Two single women going to Maui

You should have no trouble finding single guys. Lots of guys here who date only tourists, especially if the tourist is buying the drinks.

reviews: 3
2. Re: Two single women going to Maui

Kaiwahine, I almost peed my pants reading your reply to beachgal. I think your reply holds true to any tourist location in the world. I live in So. Cal. and always get a giggle at the boys around here when summer hits and all the flat landers head down to the beach. Local boys will always swarm the "single girls just here on vacation" and most definitely will do so if the girls are buying. Ha Ha. How true. Beachgal, have fun and find yourself a hawaiian honey, even if it's just for "having some fun out at night".

Seattle, Washington
3. Re: Two single women going to Maui

I just may have to book a trip to Maui in February along with some friends :).

4. Re: Two single women going to Maui

Captain Trips?? A fellow deadhead???

California
reviews: 1
5. Re: Two single women going to Maui

Or a Stephen King fan ?

Seattle, Washington
6. Re: Two single women going to Maui

Yes, and it has been a bittersweet month for us fellow deadheads -- with Jerry's passing ten years ago this month.

I know that Jerry was an avid scuba diver and would often visit Maui between tours. In fact, I used to have a home video of him diving in Maui with the music of Lost Sailor/Saint of Circumstance playing as background music.

California
reviews: 1
7. Re: Two single women going to Maui

There is a shop in Lahaina that sells original art work by famous musicians, can't remember the name. But they have a couple of Jerry's pieces for sale. The one I like the most is a watercolor he did of the Banyan tree.

8. Re: Two single women going to Maui

Oh my friend...it has been a sad month. Where has the time gone, and why do I feel this overwhelming urge to flag down a bus and go to a show??

I too had some footage of Jerry scuba diving in Maui. A dear friend of my (not a head) was on Maui with his folks and happened to end up on the same boat as Jerry. The footage was phenominal. he looked so damned peaceful. Unfortuantely the footage disappeared, taken by someone who needed it more than me.. Ha Ha.

It was really nice to stumble on the captain trips screen name and think that you might be a fellow friend of the dead

Nice to bump into you...always nice to find a long lost friend. Remember there are no stangers...just friends you haven't met yet.

Mahalo

Love

Seattle, Washington
9. Re: Two single women going to Maui

I believe the place with musician art is called Celebrities. They also have location in Shops of Wailea.

AlohaWahine: I'm heading to Maui in mid September so if you're around and want to celebrate one for Jerry, let me know. BTW, have you been to Stella Blues Cafe?

dallas
reviews: 13
10. Re: Two single women going to Maui

My husband and I just returned from Maui and spent 6 nights in Lahaina and a couple in Kihei. If I was single I'd stay in Kihei. Everything seemed to close down really early in Lahania. We saw lots of single people out partying in Kihei. We were actually commenting on it while we were there. You may want to look into it if you are interested in more of a night life.