We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Kai Beach Resort

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton Ab Canada
reviews: 7
Maui Kai Beach Resort

Wondering what happen to this condo? It was on top of the hotel list now its at the bottom. Are the owners condo the only good rooms in this place that are on the web site? We are book for this place in Nov. of this year. We are reserve with Fun &Sun

Kihei, Hawaii
11. Re: Maui Kai Beach Resort

I agree with MauiHereIcome on the walk to the Sheraton. My wife and I love the walk to black rock, but it's about a mile and the Sheraton is just on the other side. You can drive and park for about 5 dollars at the Sheraton or another resort on that side. The embassy has a restaurant that we don't recommend, but the outside bar has music until about 9 everynight and is nice. The resort just north of the embassy(Kaanapali Shores) is within walking distance ~3blocks up the beach and is pretty good. To the south is Castaway cafe which is just under half mile and we love it for breakfast and lunch but haven't done dinner there. The Star market has a few places our guests recommend which is 3 blocks as well and one of the best finds for lunch is 4 blocks that being Okazuya cafe just north of the condo. OUr favorite places are mostly in Lahaina ~5miles away: Kimos(#1 for us), Cafe O'Lei, Bubba Gumps, Ruth's Chris and several more expensive places are awesome. Stay away from the Lahaina Fish Company or Market from our experience. About 2 miles to the north are more great eateries in Kahana gateway being Roy's, O'Reilly's and Fish and Game. Just a little further is Napili Bay which boasts the Gazebo for breakfast on the ocean and the Sea House on the north side is excellent as well.

Kihei, Hawaii
12. Re: Maui Kai Beach Resort

Oops - forgot Costco. It's in Kahului by the main airport you'll most likely fly into. It's 33 miles or about 45 mins to the condo. We recommend guests stop there first if it open when they arrive for meat(steak, burger, etc) and fish as it's the best we've found on the island and like elsewhere costco wine, liquor and other things you may enjoy are less expensive. Costco also has nice deals on beach chairs(backpack ones for $22) and snorkeling gear sets if your rental doesn't provide them or you want your own. Kahului also has a Walmart and Kmart for such things and to be honest Kmart has a bunch of great aloha shirts and board shorts at 25% the prices you'll find elsewhere - I know, sounds weird recommending Kmart for clothes :) Star Market is good in Kaanapali and we also like Safeway which is just on the north side of Lahaina. Week to week it changes as to who is less or more expensive. It also depends what you buy - check out both.

Edmonton Ab Canada
reviews: 7
13. Re: Maui Kai Beach Resort

Thank you for all the help. Now we sure can't wait till nov to get there...

Mission Kansas
14. Re: Maui Kai Beach Resort

Ski, I cant imagine that you wont love it, it has the best sunsets on the island as far as we could tell. And be sure and try the snorkeling right out front and to the right, there is an amazing reef that you can snorkel the edge of and see some pretty amazing fish right there in your front yard!

SFO
15. Re: Maui Kai Beach Resort

MauiMark,

what is your email /contact ? I am on a budget $$ Is it possible to get a unit in south Maui, very close to ocean, and reasonably nice ? I am thinking of around Dec 26th thru Jan 2 .

Or sometime in March 2006?

I want a simple, decent hotel / unit, but should be uncrowded, laid back, close to water perferrably steps away from water.

either private owner or a rental/resort/hotel is ok with me.

bill

Kihei, Hawaii
16. Re: Maui Kai Beach Resort

Aloha BillBully,

You can email me at Mark@Maui360Tours.com and I'll share some thoughts and links to people and websites I know of in South Maui.

birmingham, al
reviews: 26
17. Re: Maui Kai Beach Resort

Skiwizard: I know I will be in the minority here but this is just my opinion. We just returned from a stay at the Maui Kai. Though we are not one's to stay in 5 star resorts, I was somewhat disappointed in the Maui Kai. It really depends on what you expect. If I had been in the room more, I would have been pretty unhappy, but since we were gone so much, it was fine for that stay. Our unit was very small compared to other one bedroom condo's we have stayed in. But it was very clean as was the rest of the complex. It is a small complex and it older. Though it is very close up ocean front, its pretty rocky right there in front. I will say though 2 steps down is fine in front of the Embassy Suites. The pool is not oceanside, rather it is in the front near the parking lot. I did love the area it was located in. Just far enough away from Lahaina and Kannapali to be out of the traffic and crowds. It was very peaceful here. Driving around that area though, I saw some more modern complexes that next time I would probably be willing to pay a little more to stay in. OH and BTW, there was no construction whatsoever going on.

Philadelphia...
reviews: 2
18. Re: Maui Kai Beach Resort

Hi, Ski. I'm a Maui Kai fan. We had a Jr. Suite on our trip in April, and we thought it was very comfortably sized, larger than many hotel rooms, since it had a kitchen with the basic appliances and amenities from home plus an oceanfront lanai large enough to hold a table and chairs and two additional chairs with ottomans. I think a lot of the properties on Maui are older ones. Seems the key is finding a building and owners that keep up the properties well. Our unit had been modernized and was quite attractive, and I felt that the property seemed very well kept, too. We were happy with the choice, and we actually would have liked to have had more time to be at our room, enjoying the lovely views from the lanai. Hope you have a fantastic time in November!

19. Re: Maui Kai Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:14 am, July 19, 2005
Mission Kansas
20. Re: Maui Kai Beach Resort

Bombs SIXTH exact same spiel/post of the day. Guess its cheaper than advertising in a paper.