We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui in March

Which Kula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Maui in March

I would like to know a bit about the weather, and any tours that take you to Hana? We will have a rental car, but is it better to take a tour...

Thanks...Cheryl

4 replies to this topic
washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
reviews: 12
1. Re: Maui in March

Here is the weather info from the main Hawaii Forum page tripadvisor.com/Travel-g28932-s208/Hawaii:Un…

We love Maui in Mar. and have only experienced a couple days of rain. What will happen this March? Who knows...

Take a look at Valley Isle Tours for the Road to Hana, very well reviewed company.

Chicagoland
2. Re: Maui in March

You've posted in the "Kula" forum. You're not staying up there, are you? It will be cool, and you're so far from the beach (and the whales).

Thousands of people drive Road to Hana every year. You'd have the advantage of stopping where YOU want and even turning around if you get carsick. We don't advise driving beyond the end of the road; you turn around there and retrace your steps.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park
reviews: 6
3. Re: Maui in March

Aloha,

The tour Mamma mentioned is actually Valley Isle Excursions. Very good company if you decide to do a tour instead of drive it yourselves.

There are pros and cons to DIY or a tour.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
reviews: 2
4. Re: Maui in March

The weather in March can be iffy. It may rain, it may not!! No way of telling more than about 2 days out.

I've done both a tour and driven myself to Hana. Had a great time doing both!! It's mainly a personal thing whether you would like either.

Reply to: Maui in March
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted