We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's Kula Like?

Which Kula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Huntington Beach, CA
reviews: 1
What's Kula Like?

How is the dining at the Kula Lodge? Anyone know the hours for breakfast? I couldn't locate that info on their website, which looks beautiful btw ~ Is Kula a neat place to spend an afternoon?

jc

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
reviews: 45
1. Re: What's Kula Like?

Kula is a smallish area about 3500 feet up Haleakala. Residential/farms, large lots. Great views of south and north shores, and the West Maui Mountains from some spots. When you hit mm16 on the Kula Highway look upslope (to the left) and wave to my cousins. :)

Kula Lodge is nice but rather expensive, as I recall. Still, it was awfully nice to have coffee by the fire on a cold morning.

You can see Kula on your way up Haleakala. I'm not at all sure you could spend an entire afternoon just in Kula, though.

Sidney, Ohio
2. Re: What's Kula Like?

We stopped at Kula lodge on our first trip 2 yrs ago after the sunrise at Haleakala for Breakfast. The views are outstanding and the food was great. We had a great breakfast there and would stop again for sure.

Milwaukie, Oregon
reviews: 24
3. Re: What's Kula Like?

I eat at Kula Lodge almost every trip. Prefer breakfast; the lunch menu only has one thing I like on it. They open early to catch the folks coming down from sunrise at Haleakala. I believe 6:30 am? There is a break between breakfast and lunch where they don't serve at all. I hit that once; very annoying. Call to double-check.

Another place I like in Upcountry is this one:

www.grandmascoffee.com

Continue past for wonderful views down the slopes from Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Park., overlooking all of south Maui.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
reviews: 16
4. Re: What's Kula Like?

Not Kula for an afternoon..but the Kula and the UpCountry area. The drive to the winery in Ulupalakua, is beautiful. You can walk their grounds and enjoy, go to the tasting room or join a tour..Drive past the winery about 5 miles and see the "backside" of Haleakala and the lava flows that go down to LaPerouse Bay. Head back to Makawao , for shops and art, this is the cowboy town..then down to Paia.

Great way to spend an afternoon.

5. Re: What's Kula Like?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 22, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Kula