We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Princess Ka'iulani Festival - Oct. 17th

Which Kula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
reviews: 32
Princess Ka'iulani Festival - Oct. 17th

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Don't normally post on this board, but thought it would be worthwhile to note that a wonderful event is taking place over there on Maui next weekend - to commemorate the life of one of our most beloved Hawaiian royals - --Princess Victoria Kaʻiulani Kalaninuiahilapalapa Kawekiu i Lunalilo Cleghorn.

Here is the website that talks about the event:

isleofmauipipeband.com/index.php…

Looks like great fun and while I can't make it this year - next year for sure!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
reviews: 76
1. Re: Princess Ka'iulani Festival - Oct. 17th

We will only be on Maui the 10th to the 15th. THen we leave for Kauai.

I couldn't find anything on either island showcasing the Hawaiian Culture. I am sure we will love our stay but next time we will try a holiday or an event.

THank you for the nice posting.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
2. Re: Princess Ka'iulani Festival - Oct. 17th

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I'd invite you to come over to the Kaua'i forums then - there are many, many cultural attractions that will give you a very good idea of the kanaka ma'oli

(native Hawaiian) culture here.

As far as big festivals - well, we don't have one every weekend, but for instance when you are here on Kaua'i there is a hula Ho'ike (show/recital)for a local hula school - with BIG name hawaiian singers as guest artists - this would be one of the very best ways to truly experience Hawaiian culture - at a local Hula Ho'ike - not geared towards tourists, but mostly local families and hula/Hawaiian music fans - visitors are always welcomed of course!!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
reviews: 76
3. Re: Princess Ka'iulani Festival - Oct. 17th

Mahalo, Janet.

What date is that? That is what we like. Geared to families. (although we are seniors, we love family)

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
4. Re: Princess Ka'iulani Festival - Oct. 17th

Aloha from Kaua'i!

This should really be posted on the Kaua'i forums - but it is being held on Saturday, Oct. 17th at the Kaua'i Community College performing arts center.

The name of the hula halau is "Halau Ka Lei Mokihana 'O Leina'ala" and the guest artists are Natalie Ai Kamauu and Keala - both wonderful recording artists who have won multiple Hoku awards (our version of the Grammy's!).

Kala mai for posting this on the Maui board - as I said, come over to the Kaua'i board to get all the "scoops".

Malama Pono,

Janet

5. Re: Princess Ka'iulani Festival - Oct. 17th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 08, 2010