We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kula Lodge being overpriced?

Which Kula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Framingham...
Kula Lodge being overpriced?

I have read multiple posts saying that the Kula Lodge is a bit pricey. I dont understand this if a pizza is 16 bucks which is only 3 dollars more than a good pizza on the mainland. Is it the breakfast thats pricey, or is it the dinner? Maybe its just the people who eat there are cheap mo-fo's?

Gig Harbor...
reviews: 99
1. Re: Kula Lodge being overpriced?

Pricey is a relative term, for man a few dollars more adds up quickly. Most of the folks who travel from the midwest have sticker shock at a lot of prices on the islands.

A $16 pizza is pretty much an average where I live. I frankly don't see much difference in the price of eating out in HI over the price of eating out on the mainland (it's all pricey). Groceries are more. As with anything the cost is only worth what it is worth to you. Head on up to Kula Lodge and enjoy yourelf. The general rule of thumb is that dinner is definitely the most expensive meal of the day, no matter where you go.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
reviews: 12
2. Re: Kula Lodge being overpriced?

I've eaten dinner at Kula Lodge twice and found their prices to be about the same as anywhere else on island. In '07, dinner for two and drinks ran us just under $70 with tip.

Laguna Niguel...
3. Re: Kula Lodge being overpriced?

I've had both breakfast and lunch at the Kula Lodge and found the prices to well reflect the value of the meals. The food quality, attentive service and great view make it a worthwhile experience.

I love to come down off sunrise on Haleakala, relax through brekfast, and watch the sun begin to shine across the West Maui mountains.

I'm not sure where the $16 pizza came from, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't make the trip there just for pizza!

Ignore the people who complain about price; better reviews simply mention prices and concentrate on the more imprtant aspects of the meal, like food quality, server attentiveness, restaurant location and ambiance, willingness to handle issues, etc.

4. Re: Kula Lodge being overpriced?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, February 11, 2010