We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Please-----Kula lodgings and itinary

Which Kula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
32 posts
Help Please-----Kula lodgings and itinary

I need help with bed and breakfast in Kula Hi. I am flying in from E coast. I thought I would:

Sept 28 1. Fly Wash Dc to OGG late afternoon. Pick up convertable rental car. Go to Walmart from airport, get supplies for

Summit and Hanna trip. Eat Dinner and relax.

Sept 28 2. Stay over night in Kula Hi bed and breakfast.

Sept 29 3. Wake up Early and go to Haleakalua National Park sunrise. Spend a few hours. have breakfast and start Road to Hanna.

Sept 29 4.Spend night in Hana

Sept 30 5.Drive around Hanna and get to Mama's Fish House and get lunch.

Sept 30 6. (Not sure what I will do after lunch)

Sept 30-Oct 5 7.Check into Grand Wailua.

Sept 30 Hang out in South Maui beaches

Sept 30 Have dinner with coworkers (Pre-determined location)

Oct 1: Hang out in South Maui Beach/Have dinner with co-workers

Oct2:Molikini Snorkel

Oct 2:Night in Lahaina

Oct 3:

Oct 3: Old Lahaina Luau

Oct 4:Dinner with Coworkers

Oct 5: Fly Ogg to HNL

Oct5: Booked in Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach (Oct 5 to Oct 9)

Oct 6: Get up early Shark Encouner Tour

Oct 6: Lunch

Oct 6: Polynesian Cultural Center

Oct 6: Dinner Leave park for dinner then return for Horizons Show

Oct 7:

Oct 8:

Oct 9:Brunch at

Oct 9: Fly back around 9 P.M.

I havn't made the rest of the plans yet but I am working on it.

1.Please check out my itin and make comments.

2.Need help with accumidatons in KULA, HI

How is the "Silver Cloud BB" I can't find their link to call and or book.

13 posts
11. Re: Help Please-----Kula lodgings and itinary

Calling Kaiwahine! I hope you're still around! You mentioned Kula Cottage as "nice". This is the first I have seen it mentioned in ANY review though I have searched for it. I first saw it in Fromer's Maui. Then I went to the website and it looks nice. But I've been abit worried since I can't find it anywhere else. Could you relieve my mind abit?

Level Contributor
721 posts
6 reviews
12. Re: Help Please-----Kula lodgings and itinary

Here's one that has some positive posts and you can do 1 nights stays; the price increases by about $20 though.

Banyan Tree House B&B, Makawao

various posts say "a Hawaii pineapple plantation home"; "they also have cottages and a pool and Jacuzzi"; "near towns of Paia and Makawao"; "peaceful with fab ocean views"; "convenient central location"

They have a slide show on their web site and some good photos.

Within your budget - check it out !!!

Level Contributor
721 posts
6 reviews
13. Re: Help Please-----Kula lodgings and itinary

And did you see this post from March '07

"We stayed for 2 nights at the Kula Cottage March 1-2. It was scrupulously clean and very nicely laid out, on a quiet street on the slopes of the big volcano. Easy (3 minutes) walk to a little general store and a local cafe. Very quiet at night and pretty landscaping. Had a fresh pineapple on the counter and Costco muffins in the fridge. Full kitchen and a barbecue on the patio.

Easy access to the volcano - closest spot to stay if you want to visit the top. Fantastic views from nearby parks. Great place to do some non-beach related activities, cool at night. Very reasonable cost. And believe it or not - a fireplace! With wood supplied, the flickering flames were wonderful after the sun went down and the mountain air got a tinge of coolness.

So if you want a quiet, high on the mountain spot to enjoy as a base for visiting Haleakual National Park, or the winery on the south shore, this would be ideal. The owners are very nice, too, laid back and easy to communicate with. PS they don't take credit cards so best to have a check or cash handy."

13 posts
14. Re: Help Please-----Kula lodgings and itinary

I stayed at Kula Cottage on May 21-24. I agree with LinakaJoy completely. The price was great and it had everything you need. The couple that owns it is very kind and accomodating. It is in a quiet, lovely neighborhood. They even have the Hana CD. There is a washer/dryer that came in real handy. The location for all Upcountry activities was perfect. I miss Mauii everyday!!!

Nanaimo BC Canada
1 post
15. Re: Help Please-----Kula lodgings and itinary

Can someone give me a telephone number for Kula View B&B on 600 Holopuni Road In Kula. Many thanks

16. Re: Help Please-----Kula lodgings and itinary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, October 09, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kula