We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Please-----Kula lodgings and itinary

Which Kula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Help Please-----Kula lodgings and itinary

I need help with bed and breakfast in Kula Hi. I am flying in from E coast. I thought I would:

Sept 28 1. Fly Wash Dc to OGG late afternoon. Pick up convertable rental car. Go to Walmart from airport, get supplies for

Summit and Hanna trip. Eat Dinner and relax.

Sept 28 2. Stay over night in Kula Hi bed and breakfast.

Sept 29 3. Wake up Early and go to Haleakalua National Park sunrise. Spend a few hours. have breakfast and start Road to Hanna.

Sept 29 4.Spend night in Hana

Sept 30 5.Drive around Hanna and get to Mama's Fish House and get lunch.

Sept 30 6. (Not sure what I will do after lunch)

Sept 30-Oct 5 7.Check into Grand Wailua.

Sept 30 Hang out in South Maui beaches

Sept 30 Have dinner with coworkers (Pre-determined location)

Oct 1: Hang out in South Maui Beach/Have dinner with co-workers

Oct2:Molikini Snorkel

Oct 2:Night in Lahaina

Oct 3:

Oct 3: Old Lahaina Luau

Oct 4:Dinner with Coworkers

Oct 5: Fly Ogg to HNL

Oct5: Booked in Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach (Oct 5 to Oct 9)

Oct 6: Get up early Shark Encouner Tour

Oct 6: Lunch

Oct 6: Polynesian Cultural Center

Oct 6: Dinner Leave park for dinner then return for Horizons Show

Oct 7:

Oct 8:

Oct 9:Brunch at

Oct 9: Fly back around 9 P.M.

I havn't made the rest of the plans yet but I am working on it.

1.Please check out my itin and make comments.

2.Need help with accumidatons in KULA, HI

How is the "Silver Cloud BB" I can't find their link to call and or book.

Wernersville, PA
reviews: 2
1. Re: Help Please-----Kula lodgings and itinary

addict - FYI I recently saw a post about work on Haleakala summit road - www.nps.gov/hale/pphtml/newsdetail19388.html

- some intermittent road closures between Sept 7-30.

We will be staying Upcountry (Haiku) in 2 weeks - other things to check out include Tedeschi Winery, shopping in Makawao and Paia, Kula Botanical Gardens, several forest reserves, etc.

Also BTW I believe I read that the Silver Cloud is closed for renovations? For upcountry accommodations we worked with Cathy at Maui Vacation Properties - http://www.maui.cc/vkulacc.html - very helpful!

aloha

Kihei, Hawaii
2. Re: Help Please-----Kula lodgings and itinary

"Sept 29 3. Wake up Early and go to Haleakalua National Park sunrise. Spend a few hours. have breakfast and start Road to Hanna.

Sept 29 4.Spend night in Hana

Sept 30 5.Drive around Hanna and get to Mama's Fish House and get lunch.

Sept 30 6. (Not sure what I will do after lunch)"

Wow, cuz, you are really rushing your way to and from Hana with no time to stop and smell the guava! I suggest you leave that lunch at Mama's open so you can enjoy Hana a bit. I got tired just reading your first two days itinerary. By day three you might want to leav yourself some time to check out some of east Maui up close and personal.

As for supplies at Walmart, it is not a Super WalMart like on the mainland, and it has minimal selection in the way of actual food. If you are planning on cooking when you get to Hana, Hasegawa's sells Maui beef and Hana Ranch Market across the street has local vegetables. But the selection wears thin by the end of the day. There is also a Foodland on Pukalani Road and the Pukalani Superette in Makawao, on your way up to Kula.

Kula Cottage is nice--google it. Or try calling (800) 398-6284, Ho`okipa Haven. They have a lot of upcountry rentals.

3. Re: Help Please-----Kula lodgings and itinary

Thank you both for your replies. Do you think I should postphone

my trip to the Summit tilll after to 30th of Sept? The reason I wanted to go to Walmart was to buy some supplies such as snorkle gear, water shoes, water, cooler, some snacks. Do you know what time the Walmarl is open till?(Can I get those supplies at Walmart? ) I thought its open till 11PM. Are there any grocery stores close to the airport? I am not going to cook in Hana (Heck I don't cook at home lol) Maybe I should grab some sandwiches on the way to Hana? Does anyone have any other suggestions as to where I should stay? I want to stay close to the Summit. If I do decide to go to the Summit and I leave the Summit around 8am and go down and have breakfast, what time should I leave to be at the start of the road to Hana? I was thinking of start the Road after 10:30 am (To beat the morning rush) Thanks again everyone for all your help. I just love this forum.

Wernersville, PA
reviews: 2
4. Re: Help Please-----Kula lodgings and itinary

Don't know what to expect regarding the summit road construction, unfortunately they don't provide much info on the website.

I think you can rent snorkel gear just about anywhere. Check out http://maui-vacation.net/froglocator.html

Based on kaiwahine's input, hard to tell how well the WalMart will be stocked, maybe consider buying water shoes and a soft-sided cooler @ LLBean.com? Less time shopping, more time enjoying Maui!

I'm confused - how long will you be staying in Kula?

Kihei, Hawaii
5. Re: Help Please-----Kula lodgings and itinary

WalMart is open till 11.

"I am not going to cook in Hana (Heck I don't cook at home lol) Maybe I should grab some sandwiches on the way to Hana?"

Not many other options for your dinner. The Hotel restaurant is open, and pricey. The Hana Ranch Restaurant only serves dinner on Wed, Fri and Sat nights. But you can get a great breakfast the next day at the Ranch Restaurant, between 7 am and 10.

"what time should I leave to be at the start of the road to Hana?"

Hana Highway begins at Kahului. There is no reason for you to backtrack, but rather you can come down from the summit through Makawao and down Kaupakalua Rd., coming out onto Hana Hwy before Huelo, or come down Ha`iku Rd. and come out there. Either way, you'll not be missing much except the traffic around Pa`ia.

"Based on kaiwahine's input, hard to tell how well the WalMart will be stocked, maybe consider buying water shoes and a soft-sided cooler @ LLBean.com?"

They have plenty of that stuff--but it is not a Super Walmart with a full grocery store. A lot of people come here and are disappointed that WalMart does not a have a full grocery store cause their Walmart at home does.

6. Re: Help Please-----Kula lodgings and itinary

Thanks again everyone for your great imput.

This is my first time to Hawaii and I am so excited. I reading this forum for hours every night!

"Kaiwahine" (Thanks for your info. a few more questions---)

And I will definetly take my time on the Trip to Hana. Don't want to rush this one, so I will eat at Mama's a different day.

What time should I leave the Summit to be able get breakfast and start the trip?

Where can I get sandwiches?

Where do you reccomand that I stay at Hana? I know the Hana Maui is great but its pricy. (Can't afford it because of Grand Wauila and Oahu trip.

But in the evening, if everything is closed, I guess I will have dinner at Hana Maui and breakfast at the Hana Ranch.

Kula I am spending one night there after I arrive from DC. I am having problems getting accomidations. The "The Silver Cloud" seems to be closed for renovatoins. When I checked several other places, there seems to be several night mimimum stay. I don't have to stay in Kula. Can any one recommand some whare else that is close to the Summit? Thanks again.

Kihei, Hawaii
7. Re: Help Please-----Kula lodgings and itinary

"What time should I leave the Summit to be able get breakfast and start the trip?"

When you feel like it! You can stop at the Kula Lodge on the way down. They open at 6 or 6:30 am. Take you time, enjoy your breakfast, and then head out. Throw your timetable away and enjoy yourself.

"Where can I get sandwiches?"

If you come down through Ha`iku there are several places on the way that are open early. Maui Grown Market is on Hana Hwy. Lyn's in Ha`iku, there is a deli across fom the post office in Ha`iku too--all open at 6 am or so. Ha`iku Grocery in the Ha`iku Cannery has some take out stuff too.

"Where do you reccomand that I stay at Hana? I know the Hana Maui is great but its pricy."

There are cottages for rent all over Hana. Do a search for Hana vacation rentals. You'll find places in every price range. There is a really good website with a lot of listings, but I don't want to post it here and have TA remove this thread. Google "hanamaui" and select "I feel lucky."

"But in the evening, if everything is closed,..."

lol It's not that everything is closed, that's all there is! The Hotel Hana-Maui main dining room is very good, but very pricey. If you get there early enough you can check at the Ranch Restaurant. They serve lunch at the takeout counter until 4.

"Kula I am spending one night there after I arrive from DC. I am having problems getting accomidations."

Seriously, call the number I gave you and tell them what you are looking for. They've been in business on this island a long time and if they can't help you, no one can. A lot of places have a minimum stay of 2 nights or more, but if they have an open night between bookings they will sometimes accomodate you. The Kula Lodge is another suggestion.

As for the construction on Haleakala Hwy, it should be a non-issue. The closures are later in the day.

8. Re: Help Please-----Kula lodgings and itinary

Thank you very much. I will call that number right now and see what I can find. You are so right, I need to get off this timetable thing and try to go with the flow. I usually do that on all my vacatoins, but this time I just want to try a lot of the resturants that I have heard about and try to get in as many activities as I can. I have to remind myself this is a vaction. If will continue to work on my itin and post it again soon..LOL

Kihei, Hawaii
9. Re: Help Please-----Kula lodgings and itinary

"How is the "Silver Cloud BB" I can't find their link to call and or book."

Oprahed bought it and it is now called O.W. Ranch.

Kihei, Hawaii
10. Re: Help Please-----Kula lodgings and itinary

lol "Oprahed"-- That typo must have been a Fruedian thing--it's been Oprahed!

Get answers to your questions about Kula