We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kula on Maui?

Which Kula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coquitlam, BC
Kula on Maui?

I have an opportunity to stay a week in the Kula area of Maui. I think I have a problem with being so far away from the beach. My question is...Can I have a sunny, relaxing vacation while staying in this area? I will have a car.

Thanks for any comments.

menlo park, ca
reviews: 66
1. Re: Kula on Maui?

relaxing? Sure. Sunny? maybe not so much. It's a lot cooler up there and possibly cloudy. You may end up stuck in a cloud all day while you can see that down in Wailea they're in warm sun. Or not. The drive between Kula and the western beaches takes some time, requiring you to go through or close to Kahului.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
reviews: 33
2. Re: Kula on Maui?

You will be 40-45 minutes from a beach but..you WILL be on Maui and anywhere on Maui is great in my opinion.

If I remember right average temp is 70 or so during the day and 50's at night.

Lombard, IL
reviews: 39
3. Re: Kula on Maui?

IMHO any opportunity to go to Maui is a definate do. Even if you hop in the car and head to the beach - what's one hour drive mean? From Kula you will be perfectly positioned to explore upcountry. There's polo matches every Sunday afternoon, the botanical gardens, lavendar farm, winery and of course Haleakala. If you get the right weather conditions the view from Haleakala at sunrise is the most georgeous thing I have ever seen.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
reviews: 13
4. Re: Kula on Maui?

Take it!! Kula is a beautiful area in it's own right, and the views from there are specatular. Plus it's less crowded, a bit cooler, in the evening especially and, as with most POI on Maui, it's not that far away.

5. Re: Kula on Maui?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 13, 2009