We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kula Lodge

Which Kula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
usa
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Kula Lodge

Has anyone stayed here? Would like to get feedback on this hotel. Thanks.

Maui
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
1. Re: Kula Lodge

I have never stayed there but have eaten at the restaurant.

The grounds are nice and the setting in Kula is simply gorgeous.

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
66 reviews
2. Re: Kula Lodge

havent stayed there but here is some info on the chalets

http://www.kulalodge.com/chalets.htm

usa
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Kula Lodge

I understand the restaurant is good, but I want to know more about the lodging. We made reservations for one night there at a Vista Chalet.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
7,612 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Kula Lodge

In case you missed them, there are a few reviews on TA:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60633-d114065-…

usa
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Kula Lodge

Got back from our trip to Maui last week. We stayed at the Kula Lodge for one night to be as close to the crater as possible to see the sunrise. We stayed at the Westin Resort in Kaanapali most of the time, but for our trip to Haleakala, we stayed at Kula Lodge, which is the closest lodging to the crater, I believe.

I think the mixed reviews are due in part to which room you end up in and which staff member ends up helping you. We booked Vista Chalet #1, which is a spacious room with nice views and comfortable beds. We had no problems with traffic noise. The night manager who helped us was nice and helpful. I understand some of the reviewers had parking lot views and encountered poor service, unfortunately.

Also, for some, it's a matter of expectations, too, I think. There are no TVs, phones, because this is not a resort. It's a mountain lodge. I wouldn't use Kula Lodge as a base for a weeklong trip--as a family with kids, we wanted to explore all of Maui and do mostly beach activities, so most of our stay was at the big resort with fancy pools in Kaanapali. But for one night, to avoid dragging the kids out of bed at 2 or 3 a.m. for the long drive to Haleakala, Kula Lodge was adequate. It was comfortable, clean and charming. Just make sure you book the right room and hopefully, you'll get the rightstaff person to help you.

6. Re: Kula Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, October 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kula