We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in Kula, Hawaii

Which Kula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
long beach, ca
where to stay in Kula, Hawaii

We're making our first trip to Maui in June and would like to spend several nights in the Kula area to be close to the volcano. We're trying to find a close-by place to stay, moderately priced with decent reviews. Any suggestions?

Bay area, CA
reviews: 1
1. Re: where to stay in Kula, Hawaii

My suggestion is to stay in Kehei or Wailea and drive to the volcano. There really aren't any great places to stay although there may be some B&B's. Kula is a small town/city and is known for it's vegetation and flowers growing. The reason for this is the weather is usually cooler and more rainy on that area.

Nederland, Colorado
reviews: 8
2. Re: where to stay in Kula, Hawaii

You might check out Kula Lodge: www.kulalodge.com/chalets.htm

We've never stayed there, but we always stop for lunch or breakfast on the way up or down Haleakala.

Marietta, Ga. USA
reviews: 11
3. Re: where to stay in Kula, Hawaii

Kula Lodge. Breathtaking views and awesome restaurant.

Houston, TX
4. Re: where to stay in Kula, Hawaii

We are planning on visiting that area end of May. Did you say at the Lodge ? How far is the drive to the mountain ?

Las Vegas
reviews: 3
5. Re: where to stay in Kula, Hawaii

From Kula Lodge to the summit is less than 25 miles, so its about an hour maybe an hour and a quarter.

reviews: 84
6. Re: where to stay in Kula, Hawaii

We are renting a house called "Keli's Guest House" when we go in June. It's in Keokea. Check out the website.

Houston, TX
7. Re: where to stay in Kula, Hawaii

Could you send the website sunshine3. ? Where is it close to?. I am mainly interested in staying close to the Haleakala National Park.

Maui, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui
reviews: 69
8. Re: where to stay in Kula, Hawaii

Keli's website does not show any Bed and Breakfast License number or a Vacation Rental License number.

If you are contacting them I would ask them for their number.

Kula Lodge has amazing views and a great restaurant.

reviews: 84
9. Re: where to stay in Kula, Hawaii

It is past the turnoff to drive up to the summit. The website has a contact e-mail for the proprietor and she is responsive.

http://kelismaui.com/

Birmingham, Alabama
reviews: 33
10. Re: where to stay in Kula, Hawaii

Kula lodge is probably about as close as you get to the summit -- once you turn off it's a long drive up the mountain.

it is a BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL place -- beautiful sunsets from there! I stay with friends just up the road and love the view and the cooler temps.

Hope you have a fabulous time!