We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kula Botanical Garden

Which Kula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 1
Kula Botanical Garden

My kids enjoy the Desert Botanical Garden and the Boyce Thompson Arboretum in Phoenix. Is the Kula Botanical Garden worth a visit or better to save that time to use somewhere else?

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
reviews: 12
1. Re: Kula Botanical Garden

IMO, the Kula Botanical Gardens is not something you would make a special trip up for. We stopped on our way back down the mountain after several hours of hiking, had an early dinner at Kula Lodge and enjoyed the gardens and gift shop.

Haiku
reviews: 6
2. Re: Kula Botanical Garden

Although the Lavendar Farm or the Surfin' Goat Dairy are both worth a trip up the slopes - and definitely plan on at least a drink and dessert at Kula Lodge. We love upcountry and if your and yours are explorers, want to do something new and different for the kids, and are not addicted to the beach .. there is so much more to see of the variety and diversity of Maui - esp. all the different climate zones. And the vistas can't be beat from upcountry.

Check out the reviews and postings on those 2.

A good upcountry day could be up to the summit on a clear morning [maybe not sunrise, but at least an AM trek], then down to Lav. Farm for lunch, hit the Goat Dairy by 3 for the bringing in the goats feeding tour, then Kula lodge for snack or dinner; then sunset from the slopes. There is a GREAT little community park that has spectacular view of west Maui moutains, both coasts, the isthmus of the Valley Isle. Stunning!!!

Washington
reviews: 8
3. Re: Kula Botanical Garden

You might think about Iao Needle or Garden of Eden instead.

boston, ma
reviews: 8
4. Re: Kula Botanical Garden

Since my husband is an avid gardner we visited both the Kula gardens and the Garden of Eden. The garden of eden is much larger and has fantastic views of the ocean and a waterfall. If I recall correctly the Kula garden was somewhat cheaper in price.

Lexington, South...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Kula Botanical Garden

I'd agree with dengay and the last poster. Kula's not a bad garden, but it's not worth the special trip. I'd say the same thing for the Enchanting Floral Gardens - give or take in the same region Upcountry.

The Garden of Eden on the Hana Highway around mile marker 10-11 is a really nice stop for $10. If it's raining, I'd skip it though bc the views of the ocean/sky relationship are reduced greatly. Blue sky is what makes the garden really beautiful IMHO.

'Iao is also nice, for multiple reasons. Plus, it's probably the easiest to get to and it's free (it's a park).

6. Re: Kula Botanical Garden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, September 06, 2009