We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction at the Mana Kai-any locals been by lately?

Which Kihei hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 5
Construction at the Mana Kai-any locals been by lately?

We are arriving at the Mana Kai in about 3 weeks and the last review of the Mana Kai made me really nervous. I knew that they were going to be under going construction but this sounds really bad. Anybody have any updates??THX

Cincinnati, Ohio
11. Re: Construction at the Mana Kai-any locals been by lately?

We leave in 5 days so I will too....

Kihei, Hawaii
12. Re: Construction at the Mana Kai-any locals been by lately?

I was there at 2:30 yesterday afternoon. Maybe cause it was Friday they wen pau hana early? The only sign that there was any construction goin on was the the sign out front saying to make deliveries on the makai side of the building and some orange cones. I saw no trucks, no workers. But what I saw yesterday, or what anybody else sees if they drop by the Mana Kai between now and your vacation is not an idicator of how things will be the day you arrive. Try relax. You'll be gone during the day anyway, yeah?

Cincinnati, Ohio
13. Re: Construction at the Mana Kai-any locals been by lately?

Thanks for driving by. I read I really scary review on trip advisor and had a mini anxiety attack but no worries - just excitement. Packed my bag tonight as a matter of fact! Thanks again. Carolyn

Cincinnati, Ohio
14. Re: Construction at the Mana Kai-any locals been by lately?

Mostly to vacagirl but anyone else who is interested......Just home from my 16 day trip to Hawaii (three islands) and here is the scoop on the Mana Kai. I was there from June 17-24 and yes there is construction but only one day was it really noisy and a real pain. They were jackhammering out concrete on the floor above us and it was LOUD! But we were headed out to snorkeling so no biggie but if you had an infant or something it would been bad to stay in the room. If you come after September it will all be done and if you stay on floors 6-8 it is already done and really nice. My floor (4th) was a mess in the hall way but the inside of the condo was just fine. So other than the one day it was a non issue. Enjoy your trip - we did!

Carolyn

portland, oregon
reviews: 1
15. Re: Construction at the Mana Kai-any locals been by lately?

Well I am a little nervous about the Mana Kai as well...we all plan for a once a year vacation, and all we want is for it to be relaxing and enjoyable...so I guess it's normal to be apprehensive! We are leaving for the Mana Kai on July 20th. I actually phoned the front desk to ask which floor they are working on today, July 7th, and the gal seemed a little unknowing. She at first said the 5th floor, and then she threw in there that the 6th floor was still being worked on...we are booked for unit 606, so it would be wonderful if someone was able to tell me for sure if the 6th floor is finished!?! HAS ANYONE BEEN THERE IN THE PAST WEEK OR SO THAT KNOWS FOR SURE IF THE CONSTRUCTION IS DONE ON THE 6TH FLOOR? Reality is we will go and enjoy ourselves, but it sure would be nice to know what to expect. Thanks for any reponses!

Cincinnati, Ohio
16. Re: Construction at the Mana Kai-any locals been by lately?

If you go to the web site for the mana kai board of directors (manakai(dot)org. it says that floor six is scheduled to be done on July 7th. I took pictures of the finished 8th floor from the outside andseveral of our 4th floor so you could see the difference. If any wants the pictures I will be happy to email them to you. The floors that are done look really, really nice. I truly wouldnt worry --the people that work there were all so nice and polite and it was not a big problem at all-even if they are still finishing up the painting or something I think it would not be a big deal. Let me know if you want some pics -luvsdisney61@yahoo.com

Wailea
17. Re: Construction at the Mana Kai-any locals been by lately?

Not to worry. The main part of the construction is winding down, and the place is looking truly beautiful. The new Zack's deli on the ground floor has everything you need when you don't feel like driving to Safeway or Foodland. Weather's hot to gorgeous.

18. Re: Construction at the Mana Kai-any locals been by lately?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, August 15, 2009