We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mana Kai Bedrooms

Which Kihei hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis
reviews: 1
Mana Kai Bedrooms

I was just wondering if anyone had any comments regarding the condo bedrooms at the Mana Kai. We were wanting to have 2 couples in a condo unit and weren't sure about the privacy of the condo bedroom. Some listings say it is closed off by a screen. But, then others look like it is actually sliding doors. Just wondered if anyone had a comment about 2 couples sharing the 2 bedroom condo unit.

ON, Canada
reviews: 34
1. Re: Mana Kai Bedrooms

I'm not familiar with this resort, but after doing a lot of research when looking for a 2 bdrm for a previous trip to Maui .... I would say that it depends on the unit and what the owner has done to it in the way of renovations. If you look at various units on VRBO, you can see that some don't appear to have any separation between the living room and the sleeping area, others have screens that hopefully slide fairly easily.

A couple of things that stand out: the units are small .... once you close off the sleeping area for the bedroom next to the LR, you can see that the kitchen/LR is a pretty tight space. In total, I think there's just over 800 square feet for the 2 bdrm unit. IMO, better suited for a family with children rather than 2 couples. Another thing worth looking into is AC ... is it throughout the condo, or just in a certain area ... will only one sleeping area have it, or both?

Click on all of the cameras in this link to see what each room looks like .... http://www.mauimanakai.com/floorplan.htm

Also, this link gives info on the layout, views, size, etc: hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/maui/mau…

Edited: 9:26 pm, January 09, 2013
Calgary, Ab
reviews: 11
2. Re: Mana Kai Bedrooms

We stayed at the Mana Kai in 2011. It is essentially a studio with (in most cases) slider dividers at the front sleeping area and a lock off bedroom at the back. Sometimes the lock off is rented separately as a "hotel room" (thus inspiring poor reviews from the uninitiated). As Susan says, they are not huge by two bedroom standards, but calling them a two bedroom is a bit of a stretch.

For us, with our kids in the back bedroom, it was perfect. If two couples agree to retire to their own units during private time it shouldn't be a problem. If one couple likes to sleep late and the other likes an early breakfast it could be uncomfortable.

You also might try the Hale Hui Kai two doors down the beach.

Indianapolis
3. Re: Mana Kai Bedrooms

Thank you for the suggestion Mauifan. Do you have any thoughts on the Kihei Surfisde next door to the Mana Kai the other direction?

Indianapolis
4. Re: Mana Kai Bedrooms

Thanks, Susan. I appreciate the links.

Alaska
reviews: 7
5. Re: Mana Kai Bedrooms

Kihei Surfside is popular with lots of folks on this forum. We will spend two weeks there next fall....switching from north Kihei at Koa Lagoon. Our one bedroom, two bath condo is close to the water (204) and the price is $5 less than the condo we've rented several times at Koa. The reason for the switch is simply needing a change and being on a gorgeous beach. The lower the unit #, the closer you are to the water at the Surfside. But the building allows everyone to have an ocean view. So did Koa Lagoon.

We reserved our unit through rosierentals.com. Being next to the Mana Kai Resort will make renting SUP boards from The Surf Shack very easy and 5 Palms Restaurant is in the Mana Kai. I believe it is less expensive at the Surfside but I literally looked at every single condo, narrowed down my three top choices and posted on this forum looking for opinions before deciding which one I wanted. I am looking forward to being closer to the beaches where we spend all our time. Good luck! Deb

6. Re: Mana Kai Bedrooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 13, 2014