We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luau at Renaissance Wailea

Which Kihei hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
reviews: 33
Luau at Renaissance Wailea

I have searched the forum on Luaus and have not noticed one on this Luau. Does anyone have feedback on it? We might be taking a toddler. Have been to the Old Lahaina Luau before and want to try something different this time. Any suggestions?

maui
1. Re: Luau at Renaissance Wailea

It is kind of cheesey, from the $5 plastic lawn chairs to the lounge act banter from the Emcee. Food is lackluster. If you enjoyed the Old Lahaina Luau, this would be step down, that's for sure. Do you enjoy pareo fashion shows, cause that makes up a part of the show. They do a lot of audience participation, dragging up men who have had enough to drink to hula or dance the tamure. I can't imagine a toddler would be too enthralled by it. The grounds are large and many tables are far from the stage.

On the upside, if you can't fit the Renassance into your schedule you can catch the exact same show at the maui Prince on the other nights of the week. I'd save my money and have a nice meal someplace.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 33
2. Re: Luau at Renaissance Wailea

Hello, we just attended the Renaissance Luau last week. The buffet was excellent as was the show.My kids aged 9 and 6 loved it and they are not ones to sit still long. The entertainment was top-notch and I felt we all got our money's worth. My brother had gone to another a few years back in the same area and said this was far superior. If you are staying in Kihei/Wailea it is a bit of a drive to got to Lahaina. Your toddler should be free as well as most don't charge for that young an age.

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
reviews: 40
3. Re: Luau at Renaissance Wailea

I agree that the luau at the Renaissance would be a great comedown from OLL. Cheesy is a pretty good description. A toddler probably wouldn't care, though.

Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 1
4. Re: Luau at Renaissance Wailea

We attended this luau just last week. We have a 2 and a 4 yr old. Both loved it, my 4 yr old even went on stage to learn a hula dance. A memorable moment for us! I'm sure this luau is cheesey as some have posted in comparison to the OLL, but it was great for us. Not a long drive to Lahaina (we stayed in Wailea), and we all enjoyed the food and atmosphere. There was a great deal of audience participation as well.