We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Wailea pool chairs

Which Kihei hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City, MO
reviews: 57
Grand Wailea pool chairs

Several photos of the grounds, mainly the pools, don't show too many chairs by the pool. Is this just for the brochure’s (looks less cluttered?)

I realize a cabana is $200 a day (incredible) but my wife and I are more lay by the pool, maybe with an umbrella in the afternoon, read books type people.

Does anyone that has stayed at this resort, know if there is a reasonable choice of chairs around the Hibiscus pool. We will be traveling without kids (before school is out) so the “play pools” aren’t important. Or do they have better chairs/umbrellas?

was
1. Re: Grand Wailea pool chairs

Have stayed there several times -and I can guarantee you there are chairs -HOWEVER get them early. people get to the chairs at 7AM and put personal effects on them to hold them for later use. Sometimes the pickings are slim if the hotel is full -and the chairs are very close together. Not a selling point for an otherwise lovely property.

There is a grassy area in full sun behind the pool-that is less crowded -and quieter.

Gilbert
reviews: 2
2. Re: Grand Wailea pool chairs

yeah, there are tons of chairs all around the pool - but also lots of people to fill them.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
reviews: 14
3. Re: Grand Wailea pool chairs

The grassy area mentioned above is very accessable to the ocean and sandy beach, basically a side walk and a line of palm tree separate the two.

Kansas City, MO
reviews: 57
4. Re: Grand Wailea pool chairs

Do they charge for beach chairs?

Michigan
Destination Expert
5. Re: Grand Wailea pool chairs

No. For some reason it wouldn't just let me say no so I had to write this.

California
reviews: 1
6. Re: Grand Wailea pool chairs

Everything mentioned so far I have found to be true. I would like to add the Grand Wailea has the softest sand I have ever felt. I don't know what it is but man is that sand soft........

Michigan
Destination Expert
7. Re: Grand Wailea pool chairs

Unless a wave grinds you into it when body surfing. I had the best time body surfing on their beach but occassionally a powerful wave would pound me into the bottom and made me count my digits when I came up to see if I was all there.

California
reviews: 1
8. Re: Grand Wailea pool chairs

Good point Rono.