We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kiehei Surfside or Sugar Beach Resort

Which Kihei hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary
Kiehei Surfside or Sugar Beach Resort

Hi, just read the postings on both of these resorts. It sounds like Sugar Beach may be a little older?? If anyone could advise on which of these two is better, I'd appreciate it. We are booking through a travel agent, so I am hoping to request and upgraded condo, although I'm sure there isn't any guarantee. I seem to be favoring Surfside and would appreciate any other comments on it. We are looking for ocean front, decent beach for swimming and snorkelling. Thanks very much.

California
reviews: 3
1. Re: Kiehei Surfside or Sugar Beach Resort

Any reason for limiting you choices to these two?

My Sister-in-law always rents a condo (usually April) in the sugar beach resort. She loves it. It is also close to Lahaina. The beach out front is pretty slim... not much to lay on. Plenty of other beaches around. Pond in back can get smelly as it dries out, I heard.

I have another friend that thinks West Maui is the place to be.

Price can be important. Is it for you? What are your price points?

wisconsin
reviews: 25
2. Re: Kiehei Surfside or Sugar Beach Resort

When are you going?

We are gonna be there April 21st thru 28th....I'll let you know.

We booked ocean FRONT...there is a difference from oceanview & oceanfront. It sounded centrally located, so I thought it would be OK...but I've been reading some bad reviews...so we'll see.

Calgary
3. Re: Kiehei Surfside or Sugar Beach Resort

Thank you for your replies. We aren't going until Jan/06, and I am getting more and more confused as I read the reviews. We had looked at some up Island and it seemed any I chose were priced too high. Probably willing to spend 2,5-3K for 10 days. If you have other suggestions, I would appreciate hearing them. Many thanks.

washington state
reviews: 4
4. Re: Kiehei Surfside or Sugar Beach Resort

We just spent some time at Sugar Beach Resort last November. We travel to hawaii at least once or twice a year and have stayed at many places in West and South Maui.

We really liked Sugar Beach, I was very specific when I made reservations that I wanted an upgraded unit and we got one. New kitchen, bathroom and tile floors throughout. We did not experience any wind like people say there is and that we have actually had on other parts of the island. The beach out front was excellent for swimming and boogieboarding.

The pool is really nice, they just redid it. Check on line Alii Resorts on Maui, you can actually view the interiors of the units they have for rent on line. We actually rented through someone else. We loved it there, for the cost you can't get closer to the ocean. We fell asleep everynight listening to the surf.

South Kihei is fun also, lots of activity and the Kamaole Beaches are great. Just be sure where ever you stay to specify what you want. Some condo owners let their units go, even in the most expensive resorts.

Aloha

Get answers to your questions about Kihei
Recent Conversations