We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in HI, 10 days in Hana

Which Hana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 3
First time in HI, 10 days in Hana

We are first timers to Hawaii and very much outdoor people. We will have a grill and kitchen amenities available. Any suggestions?! We are staying 10 days, so plenty of time to explore.

Overland Park...
reviews: 12
81. Re: First time in HI, 10 days in Hana

One thing you must, must do if you're going to be in Hana...do the motorized hang gliding. It is freakin' awesome. I'm 55 and was the youngest in our group of 4 to take the adventure. Armin, the pilot was absolutely fantastic. He will gear the excursion to suit your comfort. It is my lifetime best memory. Near there is the black sand beach. Safe travel and enjoy your time on Maui...where ever you are, it will be great.

Cleveland, Ohio
82. Re: First time in HI, 10 days in Hana

Aloha TA forum friends! I posted a trip report but I'm not sure how to navigate this site very well...I called it 10 days Hana/Wailea. I guess you might find it under my screen name? Anyway, time of my life!!! Ended up staying 7 days in Hana (went to a treehouse for 2 nights) before heading to Wailea. What an adventure, and it was truly perfect! And no, I promise I didn't trespass!! ;) Hiking, surfing, swimming, biking....we really did it all! And...THANK YOU for the Highway to Hana: Mile by Mile recommendation. I think we saw almost every single item in that book, and its 100% accurate! (even the admission prices and hours of attractions!) Please don't hesitate to contact me or ask anything I may have left out. Honestly, I can't wait to go back...wouldn't it be nice to just pick up and move!!

Canada
reviews: 5
83. Re: First time in HI, 10 days in Hana

Hmmm, you haven't posted a trip report on the forums ( according to your screen name) - was it a review on one of the locations you stayed at? I'm super curious to see it!

Cleveland, Ohio
84. Re: First time in HI, 10 days in Hana

Well it did say it might take 1-2 days to post...it says pending right now!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
reviews: 2
85. Re: First time in HI, 10 days in Hana

You posted a trip report under the review section. You may want to contact TA and tell them you goofed. You can find links to contact TA by clicking on the Help Center on the bottom of every TA page.

Alaska
reviews: 6
86. Re: First time in HI, 10 days in Hana

Hey flyvidak.....so glad you had a blast! We're on our sixth day having the best vacation ever. My best TA mess ups were my awesome double, triple and even once, quadruple posts. I know how to use my fancy phone much better now. :-) Deb

Honolulu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
reviews: 2
87. Re: First time in HI, 10 days in Hana

The review/trip report has been posted. Here's a link!!

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g29220-d1061…

Alaska
reviews: 6
88. Re: First time in HI, 10 days in Hana

Thanks for the link msfuzz! What a great adventure flydivak....so happy you posted to let us know about your good times. Deb

Burlington, Kentucky
reviews: 1
89. Re: First time in HI, 10 days in Hana

From experience, My husband and I just returned from our first trip to Hawaii this past October. We stayed 10 days. On our way back to the airport, we looked at each other and said, "we did this island (Maui) right." We spread our stay out on different parts of the island. Our last 3 nights were spent in Hana. If I had to do it all over again, I would do it the same way. There is too much to experience on the entire island. The road to Hana is hours long. We bought groceries before the trip to Hana and I have to agree with all other comments. Our stay in Hana was magnificent as we wanted to experience everything that Hana offers. With that said, Hana is your opportunity to experience "real Hawaii." It is very isolated and I'm so pleased that we experienced other parts of the island as well. Trust me, three days in Hana is perfect and enough. So consider Hana, but also consider other parts of the Island. You won't regret it.

90. Re: First time in HI, 10 days in Hana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, December 17, 2013