We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poipu Kai Swimming Pool Usage

Which Poipu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hesperia, California
Poipu Kai Swimming Pool Usage

Hi..

My family will be staying in the Poipu Kai Resort at Kahala in July. I've noticed in my research there are different pools in Poipu Kai (i.e. some near Kahala, some near Manualoha, etc..). Are the pools open to all Poipu Kai guests or residents regardless of what development in Poipu Kai you are staying at, or are Manualoha guests limited to the Manualoha pool (for example)?

Thanks!

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
reviews: 42
1. Re: Poipu Kai Swimming Pool Usage

NO, if you are staying at Poipu Sands, you would use that pool. Manualoha, that pool. Each community has it's own pool and only those staying there can use that pool. There is one MAIN pool up by Kalapaki Joe's and I understand that anyone in the Poipu Kai complex can use that one, including the folks that own/rent homes in the Poipu Kai community. We stayed in a house near the Hyatt in Poipu Kai and "our" pool was the main one. My key could not open any other pool's gate.

Edited: 6:20 pm, June 27, 2013
santa rosa...
2. Re: Poipu Kai Swimming Pool Usage

That's right. You get a key to the gate to the pool that is in your complex and everyone gets to use the pool by the tennis club. This is something they don't tell you when they advertise 6 pools.

Why is this? Technically each division of Poipu Kai is it's own legal entity with owners who have formed their own boards and homeowner's associations. Each association pays to maintain their own pool and also don't want the liability of a non-guest in their pool. The nicest of the pools is Manualoha's and Poipu Sands. Kahala's, Regency's and Makanui's are much smaller. If they allowed it, everyone would flock to the better pools.

Edited: 7:24 pm, June 27, 2013
Hesperia, California
3. Re: Poipu Kai Swimming Pool Usage

Thanks for the replies... You hit on why I asked as I thought I read that the Kahala pool was considered the community pool for all of Poipu Kai. I don't mind at all exclusively using the pool in our complex. It's curious to me, however, that the others don't have the same limitations. In the end, it's not a big deal, I just wonder if the Kahala pool gets overcrowded. My unit is right next to it and one of the reasons I chose it.

4. Re: Poipu Kai Swimming Pool Usage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:05 pm, June 29, 2013
Hesperia, California
5. Re: Poipu Kai Swimming Pool Usage

Thanks koloagirl... I'm sure the pool will be refreshing after a day at the beach or a couple sets of tennis.. Can't wait to get there.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
reviews: 32
6. Re: Poipu Kai Swimming Pool Usage

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I'm sure you'll enjoy the Kahala pool "12 Somewhere".....as I said, it is basic, but it is very nice and has lots of loungers around it as well for reading, sunning, etc. The hot tub is also very popular! lol Even right now at this time of the year, it is very seldom crowded in the mornings.

Malama Pono,

Janet

7. Re: Poipu Kai Swimming Pool Usage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 30, 2014