We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Returning to Kauai

Which Poipu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pensacola, Florida
reviews: 27
Returning to Kauai

The wife and I will be returning to Poipu this coming Thanksgiving week, were there last year same time and loved it. As opposed to staying at the Grand Hyatt like we did last year, way too big and crowded, I am currently looking at the Waikomo Stream Villas. They look really nice, modestly priced and relaxing, but I have one question: Are any of these units air conditioned?? I realize most of the time a/c is not needed but for those few humid nights it can be a real drag. Anyone out there care to share?????

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
reviews: 46
1. Re: Returning to Kauai

<<Are any of these units air conditioned?? >>

No. My husband stays at WSV 3X a year on business and he loves this complex. He was there the 1st week of December 2012. I asked him about A/C (since it's a topic that comes up frequently on the forum) and he has never needed or wanted A/C. It really is a lovely complex and centrally located in Poipu. Parrish has been running some awesome specials as well.

santa rosa...
2. Re: Returning to Kauai

At Thanksgiving it's doubtful you'll need it. Not nearly as hot and humid as August, September. Try to grab a top floor unit at WSV. These have the high cathedral ceilings and plenty of air circulation with plenty windows and a couple of ceiling fans.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
reviews: 46
3. Re: Returning to Kauai

The units at WSV have three numbers. The first number is the building number. The 2nd number is the level. The top floor units will have a 3 in the 2nd number. So # 230 is in building 2 and on the 3rd floor. My husband stays at WSV in March, September and early December. He's never needed A/C. You'll be fine for Thanksgiving.

parrishkauai.com/kauai-condos/…

4. Re: Returning to Kauai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 15, 2014