This is the first time I've ever been to Hawaii. My husband and I will be staying on the South Shore of Kauai in October. I cannot put into words how excited we are about this trip! Even though I think we'd be happy and grateful just sitting on a beach, there are a few things that we'd really like to experience while we're there. I've been researching, but it's starting to get overwhelming. If anyone could help sort it out for us, here is our list. Also, we will have a rental car.
- Luau (doesn't have to be super fancy)
- Helicopter Ride vs. Boat ride on the coast - we've heard different things from different people, but my husband's leaning more toward the helicopter.
- Hiking - we love to hike, but we're not professionals by any sense of the word. We're looking for hikes that are 5 or so miles with medium terrain. We'd be willing to do longer hikes if they were guided.
- Waterfalls! - We'd love to see one, but even more so we'd love to swim in one!
- North Shore - We'd like to take a day trip to the North Shore. Any suggestions for priority?
Thanks for any advice. Also let me know if there's anything I've missed. I read about Turtle Cove and Spouting horn. Are those worth it? Is there anything else that is a must see on the South Shore?
As for food, I was told to go to the Beach house for dinner, but not much else. My husband wants to eat Spam dishes! I want to take advantage of the fresh fish.
Thank you in advance.