We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waikomo Stream/best condos

Which Poipu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
reviews: 89
Waikomo Stream/best condos

I don't know this complex well, but folks I know are interested in renting during Feb and I have told them to inquire with Parrish. I know Martik's hubby stays here so maybe I can get some insight to nicest locations of units and nicest interiors.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
reviews: 46
1. Re: Waikomo Stream/best condos

My husband will be there for 17 days in March. He booked a 2 bedroom in Building 5 with a "premier" interior. He prefers building 5 and 4 since they tend to be the quietest. 2nd choice is building 3. We usually look at a "premier" interior as a rule. Building 2 units overlooks the Koloa Landing parking lot and the trees planted have not had a chance to mature, yet. So that would be my last choice at this moment. I also know that the owners of #123 have totally upgraded their entire unit recently and it looks amazing! This complex books up fast so their best bet is to call Parrish with a map of the complex in front of them and ask them what's available for their dates.

They just highlighted this condo on their Facebook page. It also have been completely remodeled and my husband loves the location. Unforuntately, it's not available for his dates in March:

parrishkauai.com/blog/…

Edited: 12:18 am, January 11, 2012
Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 146
2. Re: Waikomo Stream/best condos

A friend of mine used to own a 2 bedroom unit there. It is now a long term rental. The property has a mix of owner occupied, long term rentals and short term rental units. The two bedroom units start on the second floor so there is a flight of steps up to the first floor of those units. Then there you have another flight up to the loft inside of the unit. So if you have any issues with stairs, don't book a 2 bedroom unit there. My friend's unit was very dated and actually had powder blue fixtures in the downstairs bath and yellow upstairs. The tile in the kitchen was terra cotta. The feeling inside the unit was like being in a tree-house. When you were out on the lanai, you were literally in the tree canopy.

California
reviews: 89
3. Re: Waikomo Stream/best condos

This is very helpful. Thank you.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
4. Re: Waikomo Stream/best condos

I would imagine that folks renting long term rentals will not necessarily fix up their units. My husband booked the 2 bedroom since all of the other units in buildings 4 & 5 were booked during his stay. He'll stay in the master bedroom and IF a friend joins him, he has the extra loft. I guess I did not think about the stairs since that's not an issue for my husband or our family. The nicest interiors available through Parrish will be the "premier" units. The Poipu Sands, 2 level units have a similar configuration with the master on the top, 3rd floor.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
reviews: 33
5. Re: Waikomo Stream/best condos

Aloha from Kaua'i!

One thing to remember also when renting a vacation rental unit at Waikomo Stream Villas is that there are people who live there full-time. The neighbor who rented the condo downstairs from me for 5 years recently moved over there and so it does tend to be a little "quieter" and less resorty as far as noise goes because of this.

Waikomo Stream Villas are beautiful condos in a great location - I'd try to stay away from the ones that are on the side closest the new Wyndham Koloa Landing personally.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
6. Re: Waikomo Stream/best condos

<<so it does tend to be a little "quieter" and less resorty as far as noise goes because of this.>>

This is one reason my husband loves this location. And also being able to walk over to Kukui'ula Market, Outfitters and the new Kukui'ula Shopping Village.

<<I'd try to stay away from the ones that are on the side closest the new Wyndham Koloa Landing personally.>>

Yep, this would be building 2.

Edited: 12:56 pm, January 11, 2012
White Rock, Canada
reviews: 28
7. Re: Waikomo Stream/best condos

Try vacation rentals by owner, great source!

Www.vrbo.com

Coquitlam, BC...
reviews: 5
8. Re: Waikomo Stream/best condos

We've stayed there twice - first time was in building 2 with the bedroom facing the construction of Koloa Landing. It was a really nice unit (premier) and we weren't bothered by any noise when we were there. The second time we stayed in building 1 with the bedroom facing the stream - BIG MISTAKE!!! Lovely during the day, but at night - OMG - there is a bullfrog who bellows(?) all night long. The first few nights it was 'amusing'. By the end of our 10 day stay, it was downright annoying. When we go back again, we'll know what to look for when we book!!

Canada
reviews: 27
9. Re: Waikomo Stream/best condos

Well ProudCanadian, I can tell you that the (kokee?) frog was just as vocal at Bldg 3! Take note.

How such a small creature can make such a huge noise amazes us!! Very annoying and impressive at the same time. By our day 13, we were quite used to it--maybe it was the ear plugs......

Kauai, Hawaii
reviews: 2
10. Re: Waikomo Stream/best condos

Those aren't coqui...those are just our bull fongs...coqui have a high pitched chirp/scream - descript depending on your mood - and thankfully are not here! Still, I'm sure it was not fun when you were trying to sleep. Like the roosters.....only on Kauai are they dumb enough to think that the sun is coming up all night long!