We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4-star ocean front condo in March,2009

Which Poipu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston, ma
reviews: 3
4-star ocean front condo in March,2009

My husband and I will be on Kauai for a week in late March, 2009. We are beach people so an ocean front with a swimmable beach is very important to us as is a nicely appointed condo. Can anyone help with some suggestions?

Thanks

Michigan
reviews: 1
1. Re: 4-star ocean front condo in March,2009

Two choices for Poipu as far as condo's on swimmable beach - Marriott Waiohai and Kiahuna Plantation. Both beautiful properties. I also like Nihi Kai but that is not "right" on the ocean but a very easy walk to Poipu beach.

Hot Springs Vlg., AR
Destination Expert
for Kauai
reviews: 50
2. Re: 4-star ocean front condo in March,2009

Agree that the Waiohai and Kiahuna are probably your best options for optimizing the beach. The quality of the units themselves will vary a lot, particularly at Kiahuna, which has been around for a while. Just make sure you check out the units carefully and don't just agree to a certain building or view.

Another choice you might consider is Kuhio Shores, which has some beautifully remodeled units direct oceanfront. The shoreline at the building is rocky, but next door there is a pretty decent snorkeling beach, just not much sand.

Moraga, California
reviews: 79
3. Re: 4-star ocean front condo in March,2009

As much as you all know how much I love Kuhio Shores, it is NOT 4 stars.Maybe unit 316 is! Probably the only complex would be Whaler's Cove. No beach, but jeez, you are so close to Poipu Beach. Other than that Kiahuna Plantation is it. Great beach, but as others have stated the units vary greatly. You might also look at reviews for Poipu Kapili. It's across the street from a small beach, I believe. If you want to look at hotel look into Koa Kea. This place will open in the fall and is on a great beach.

Canada
reviews: 23
4. Re: 4-star ocean front condo in March,2009

Can't go wrong in Poipu.

Waiohai: Quite new, Air conditioned Luxury appointments, full facilities, on one of the best beaches in the state $$$$

Kiahuna: On a great beach, older complex, smallish units, No A/C, Few units direct oceanfront, most garden view.$$$

Check out your options, sometimes , it is a tradeoff for the ideal unit, just slightly off the beach. Check it out.

Enjoy. Kauai is amazing!

boston, ma
reviews: 3
5. Re: 4-star ocean front condo in March,2009

Thanks so much for all of your helpful information. I will do a little homework before making my selection but am grateful for all of the advice.

6. Re: 4-star ocean front condo in March,2009

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, October 07, 2009