We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late night eats in Poipu

Which Poipu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sonoma
Late night eats in Poipu

Hi.. we are getting into Poipu about 10ish at night. Are there any good late night eateries available? All we really need are some good apps and drinks. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
reviews: 15
1. Re: Late night eats in Poipu

Where are you staying?

We spent a week at the Sheraton Poipu a few years ago. They had a very nice ... what would you call it?? A bar with good food ... and music. And the best French fries in the whole world. Great view! Here's the website. It's called The Point and it's open until midnight. Check it out.

http://www.sheraton-kauai.com/de_thepoint.htm

santa rosa...
2. Re: Late night eats in Poipu

I'm pretty sure the bar area would still be open at Keoki's Paradise, which is right in Poipu shopping village.

In the bar area you can order appetizers , burgers, sandwiches, the like. Great food. Fast service. I think at 10 p.m. you'll just about get there in time.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
reviews: 46
3. Re: Late night eats in Poipu

Keoki's bar menu has a ton of great choices. We go there instead of the restaurant on our first night on the island. My favorite is the fish tacos but they have salads, sashimi and rice, etc.. The bar menu has a lot of variety. You might want to double check how late they are open.

santa rosa...
4. Re: Late night eats in Poipu

Good thinking Martik. It's a faster eat on your first night. Another bonus: You don't need a res.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
reviews: 15
5. Re: Late night eats in Poipu

I give Keoki's Paradise a thumbs-up, too!

Sonoma
6. Re: Late night eats in Poipu

Thanks... we'll check them out!

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
reviews: 33
7. Re: Late night eats in Poipu

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Well I know when I worked at the front desk at the Sheraton we'd always have folks asking where they could go in the later evening hours for food and/or entertainment.

Since Kaua'i has always joked about how the sidewalks are rolled up after 9pm -- there really isn't a lot of choice in anyplace after that

-- but the bar at Keoki's (which has a great bar menu) would certainly be one place that is open a little later -- as would be "The Point" at the Sheraton (a bar/nightclub) -- actually "The Point" is open later than Keoki's bar -- usually there would be an influx of people to "The Point" after Keoki's closed -- and I believe the hours are the same now -- "The Point" usually closed at 1am. They have live music/or DJ on the weekends. Keoki's usually has live music on Friday/Saturday nights as well.

I currently work at the Grand Hyatt and Stevenson's Library there is also a choice -- I believe they are open until 11pm -- I'll check when I go into work tomorrow and let you know.

Other than that -- can't think of anyplace!

Malama Pono,

Janet

San Diego...
reviews: 44
8. Re: Late night eats in Poipu

there's a diner in Lihue that's on your way. Oki Diner.

It's food, it's open late. Haven't eaten in the new location after one experience in the old one. But I can't say anything very good about the experience.

Hamura's is open pretty late and is pretty quick.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
reviews: 33
9. Re: Late night eats in Poipu

Aloha from Kaua'i!

"dave820" is right -- Oki Diner (on Rice Street in Lihu'e) is also open late as well -- but I also haven't heard anything positive about either this location or the old one -- personally I thought the old one was really bad (and I'm not very picky!) -- the new one seems to be getting a big "thumbs down" from locals as well.

"Hamura's Saimin" on Kress St. in Lihu'e is always open late -- and THE place to go after any evening event in Lihu'e (at the Convention Hall or KCC) -- not sure how late they are open, but I'd venture and say midnight. Fantastic saimin and a very unique atmosphere -- one of Kaua'is institutions!

Even if you don't make it for late-night, do go to "Hamura's" sometime if you can.

Malama Pono,

Janet

10. Re: Late night eats in Poipu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, September 11, 2009