We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early Bird Helicopter Tour - Hawaii Discount

Which Lihue hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
reviews: 3
Early Bird Helicopter Tour - Hawaii Discount

Hawaii Discount is offering the 8:00 am Sunshine Helicopter flight for $180 pp which is the best price I've seen online for Sunshine (highly recommended by a friend). Will we be taking a chance by booking the 8:00 am flight? It will be our first trip to Hawaii so the tour will be a treat in itself but it's too much money (for 4) to take a chance on it being foggy or poor visibility. Also, does anyone know if they have a cancellation policy for bad weather if we book ahead?

San Diego...
reviews: 44
1. Re: Early Bird Helicopter Tour - Hawaii Discount

Visibility is usually better the earlier you go. 8 AM is long after sunrise. Fog is not common here. Vog -- air pollution from the volcano down on the BI can be an issue if the winds are wrong, but that's fairly unusual except for the last month.

Best to call them re their cancellation policy though they are just a broker so you're not dealing with the actual heli company.

$180 doesn't sound that cheap, but I haven't looked a heli prices in a long time. If you can stand a timeshare presentation, you can cut that number substantially. Not worth it IMO, but it's your choice.

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
reviews: 41
2. Re: Early Bird Helicopter Tour - Hawaii Discount

Costco was selling cards for a helicopter tour for about $80, as I recall. Can't remember which whom; I wasn't paying much attention.

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 10
3. Re: Early Bird Helicopter Tour - Hawaii Discount

8AM is fine time but canyon will be in shade and Napali coast will have sun behind.

All views looking east will not have good light.

Obviously some views will be better looking west.

4. Re: Early Bird Helicopter Tour - Hawaii Discount

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:36 am, August 22, 2013
California
reviews: 89
5. Re: Early Bird Helicopter Tour - Hawaii Discount

$180 is a pretty good price. Most helicopter tours are $200-250 (and that's online deals) and even higher (over $300) depending on the type of equipment. I would rather swim with sharks than sit through a timeshare presention to save a few bucks on a helicopter tour. That is two hours of time wasted on the island.

NM
6. Re: Early Bird Helicopter Tour - Hawaii Discount

We did the heli tour in '06 and it was about the price that the airplane tour is now. I am thinking this time we will do the tour in a fixed wing with Kauai Air Ventures. :)

NM
7. Re: Early Bird Helicopter Tour - Hawaii Discount

Correction "Air Ventures Hawaii" :)

florida
reviews: 7
8. Re: Early Bird Helicopter Tour - Hawaii Discount

The best price I could get is Blue Hawaiian for$210 internet rate. But there are 5 of us, and my family is thinking they are going to veto it, because somebody has to sit in the middle, and not have a window seat. There is another seat in the helo, so that could mean possibly that 2 of us sit int the middle seats. Too much money in my kids eyes for someone not being able to see...I was surprised to tell the truth. I h ad been shying away from it because of the cost, but everyone says once in lifetime experience??

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
9. Re: Early Bird Helicopter Tour - Hawaii Discount

I believe the $80 price pzp saw is for a $100 gift card to be applied towards the cost of the helicopter flight. I am pretty sure they are for Blue Hawaiian but not positive. That might help the cost for Floridatraveler if can buy them and apply towards their flights. Need to read the fine print on what restrictions there are on their use.

Edited: 2:47 am, May 09, 2013
florida
reviews: 7
10. Re: Early Bird Helicopter Tour - Hawaii Discount

So the costco card was $80 for $100 towards Blue Hawaiian, so it saves an additional $20?

Get answers to your questions about Lihue