We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feb. trip with boys 12/13-place to stay-snorkel-swim

Which Lihue hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Olathe, Kansas
reviews: 11
Feb. trip with boys 12/13-place to stay-snorkel-swim

Recommendation in Feb. --family likes to snorkel plus would enjoy nice pool--any suggestions. Budget is about $300 night or less would be nice of course

thanks

Memphis, TN
reviews: 29
11. Re: Feb. trip with boys 12/13-place to stay-snorkel-swim

We visited Kauai last March and fell in love with the beauty and people. We are saving to take our 3 boys there in a couple of years!!!!

As a Mom, I would recommend that you stay on either the East side, perfect central location to drive both north and south and see the beauty of the island and then you have the option of going where the calm water is for swimming and snorkeling. We stayed at the Kauai Beach Resort. Very affordable and great pools. NOT a swimming beach, but if your kids would rather play in a pool. There are plenty of good swimming beaches close by.

Or, I would suggest the Poipu area. The Sheraton has a beautiful beach! And many on TA can suggest condos all over Kauai if you would rather stay in a condo. We snorkeled all over Kauai in March- North and South. The terrain of the island is so different!

Please rent a car!!! We drove almost 500 miles over six days. Beautiful Waimea Canyon is a must and also seeing the Na Pali Coastline. We purchased, "The Ultimate Kauai Guide book, " but there are many other options out there.

Have fun, enjoy paradise!!!!!

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
reviews: 42
12. Re: Feb. trip with boys 12/13-place to stay-snorkel-swim

My boys are now ages 9 and almost 12. They have been traveling to Kauai with us since they were both infants (3 months old). As they have gotten older, they prefer the beaches in Poipu, especially Brennecke's Beach and the beach in front of the Sheraton.

We stayed in Nihi Kai last summer (a 2 bedroom right next to the pool for less than $300/night). We decided to stay there again in June. The kids love the heated pool, we like the relaxed atmosphere of the entire complex and it's very close to Brennecke's Beach and Poipu Beach. ot as close as I would have liked to Sheraton Beach but we figured we canwalk over (or drive) easily enough and we saved a lot by switching over to Nihi Kai (cheaper than the 1 bedroom at Kaihuna Plantation). I know Parrish has a lot of great deals on the condos at Nihi Kai.

parrishkauai.com/kauai-condos/nihi-kai-villa…

My kids also enjoy snorkeling and they love the ziplining. My almost 12 year old is not a big adventurer like his 9 year old borther, but the folks at Outfitters made him feel very safe and he loves this tour! We have done it twice now.

Edited: 1:48 pm, January 23, 2011
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
reviews: 25
13. Re: Feb. trip with boys 12/13-place to stay-snorkel-swim

I think michelle might have meant the Waipouli Beach Resort. It has super pools. Kaua`i Beach Resort has only a smallish, simple pool.

14. Re: Feb. trip with boys 12/13-place to stay-snorkel-swim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 25, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Lihue