We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

D'oh....just noticed this restaurant (?) is closed down!

Which Lihue hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
reviews: 32
D'oh....just noticed this restaurant (?) is closed down!

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I've been meaning to post this info for at least a week - when I noticed that it was shut and shuttered.

The Oki Diner in Lihu'e is no more - it used to be on the main highway next to McDonald's - then it moved more recently to the corner of Rice and Haleko Street - but it is no more and I see no signs that it has moved.

I drive by the place everytime I go to work at the Museum, so at least today I finally got it on here - I couldn't find another post that mentioned it (kala mai if there was one!).....so.....there it is (no great loss IMO!).

Malama Pono,

Janet

California
reviews: 88
11. Re: D'oh....just noticed this restaurant (?) is closed down!

<<Oki Diner is not moving, but is pau.>>

Well, "OKI" dokey.

Sparks, NV
reviews: 19
12. Re: D'oh....just noticed this restaurant (?) is closed down!

Oh, jebett... LOL

Los Angeles...
reviews: 1
13. Re: D'oh....just noticed this restaurant (?) is closed down!

Noooooo! It was only 5 days to that homemade coconut syrup on macnut pancakes : (

I guess it's Hamura's for saimen and lilikoi pie after the late arrival flight.

Albuquerque, New...
reviews: 52
14. Re: D'oh....just noticed this restaurant (?) is closed down!

DENNY:

Thanks for the suggestions. THE (as in all caps for a reason!) Beach Hut is a must at least once for us. Best Teriyaki burger if you're not up near Duane's! And Tip Top is a cultural experience as well as great food! And thanks for the heads up on Market Street. Will let you know what we think as we're staying nearby for part of our Christmas trip.

BARBARA

reviews: 3
15. Re: D'oh....just noticed this restaurant (?) is closed down!

Oki pancakes alive and well! So good!

Barbara Oki's son opened a restaurant called 2978. He flips his mama's pancakes (banana and/or macnut) with choice of coconut and/or maple syrup. It is that same lush coconut syrup his mom developed. His mother now has a line of dry coconut mix...just add water and voila! The restaurant is in the front portion of "Richie's" sports bar and grill and is at 2978 Umi St. in Lihue. Umi St. is parallel to Rice St., the restaurant is a block down from Kiibo Japanese Restaurant and caddy-corner to Aloha Furniture Company.

reviews: 3
16. Re: D'oh....just noticed this restaurant (?) is closed down!

I mean perpendicular to Rice St.! Oops.

17. Re: D'oh....just noticed this restaurant (?) is closed down!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 10, 2011