We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton or Mariott in Kauai

Which Lihue hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ohio
Hilton or Mariott in Kauai

Not sure what hotel to stay at. I want a clean room friendly staff and convient location. which should I choose

Santa Cruz...
reviews: 27
1. Re: Hilton or Mariott in Kauai

I just came back from Kauai a month ago.

I stayed at the Hilton because I have award points there and I thought the hotel and grounds were great. But we also visited the Marriott in Lihue to take stand-up paddle board lessons. If you have a choice, I would select Marriott in Lihue because they have a nice beach, that is safe for swimming. Also the grounds and pool area is superior to the Hilton.

santa rosa...
2. Re: Hilton or Mariott in Kauai

Marriott.

On a good swimming beach

Restaurants/shops in walking distance

Better traffic situation, in and out

Fantastic pool

Nicer grounds

More variety of restaurants onsite and within a few minutes walk

Beach activities - rent surfboards, kayaks.

It's a no-brainer to me

ohio
3. Re: Hilton or Mariott in Kauai

thanks for the input. I will cancel the Hilton and keep the Marriott.

Sylvania, Ohio
reviews: 24
4. Re: Hilton or Mariott in Kauai

I too would say the Marriott. It is right across from our condo and we spend lots of time over there walking the beach and eating at Duke's.

There is also shopping nearby along with a few good places to eat (Kalapaki Beach Hut, Kapapaki Joe's)

Moraga, California
reviews: 75
5. Re: Hilton or Mariott in Kauai

Marriott for sure!

6. Re: Hilton or Mariott in Kauai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 pm, October 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Lihue