We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which ATV company to choose for family of four?

Which Koloa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
reviews: 42
Which ATV company to choose for family of four?

OK, we decided to skip the ziplining this year. It totally tweeked my husband's back last summer (hangng upside did not help). We are thinking of trying one of the ATV tours, either Kipu Ranch Tours or Kauai ATV. We love Kipu Ranch in general (that's where Outfitters has their ziplining tours) but I wanted to see if folks had specific comments on either company? Both companies have the family four seaters. This will probably be our only paid activity though I'm still trying to convince the kids to kayak Hanalei River next weekend.

Morgan Hill...
reviews: 25
1. Re: Which ATV company to choose for family of four?

My husband & 10 year old nephew went on the Kipu Ranch tour & both loved it. My nephew thought it was really cool to see where scenes from Mighty Joe Young & Jurassic Park were filmed. My husband said the staff was very friendly as well.

Southern California
Destination Expert
for Kauai
reviews: 5
2. Re: Which ATV company to choose for family of four?

http://www.kiputours.com/ranchtour.php

My husband, grandson, and sil did the early morning tour and LOVED it. I've never had so many thank you's from my gs. There was only another family of three on the tour. This is the tour where you see the same ocean view from The Descendants.

Kauai, Hawaii
reviews: 2
3. Re: Which ATV company to choose for family of four?

We did Kipu and our kids did as 17 yr olds...loved it! But my son says that if you just want to have fun and get dirty - do a mud bug with Kauai ATV. Kipu - his and my opinion is very cool for the movies locations and the views!

I think they are both great choices, martik! Your family would probably enjoy either one.

4. Re: Which ATV company to choose for family of four?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:55 am, July 09, 2012
Trabuco Canyon...
reviews: 46
5. Re: Which ATV company to choose for family of four?

We did Kipu Last yr, the waterfall Tour, This Yr we are trying the Mud Buggies, I want to get muddy, In September there was no water to go thru on Kipu and it was very Dusty, but still a blast, Swinging on the rope and letting go to fall into the river was pretty cool, I did it twice :-) the waterfall you can sit under it as well that was a blast as well, I think they both offer a different experience, so it up to what you want to do.

Bettendorf, Iowa
reviews: 17
6. Re: Which ATV company to choose for family of four?

Kipu Ranch Adventures, for sure! We're (adventuresome) early 60's-ers and enjoyed it totally.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
7. Re: Which ATV company to choose for family of four?

I was leaning towards Kipu Ranch Tours because of the scenary. Not sure I want to get too muddy.

arizona
reviews: 9
8. Re: Which ATV company to choose for family of four?

When I went on the Kauai ATV mudbug tour (several years ago), they gave you protective clothing to put on over your clothes (not sure if they still do that). There was also an area to clean up after the tour. It was a blast! Either one will be a fun adventure.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
9. Re: Which ATV company to choose for family of four?

<<Kipu is fantastic though. Do both! :)>>

LOL! At $500 for a family of 4, I think we'll just pick one.

I'm seriously looking at the 4 hour Waterfall, Picnic tour that Kipu Ranch Tours offers. The one thing the kids loved on the Outfitters ziplining tour was the private swimming hole at the end of the tour. Just waiting for confirmation on their cancellation policy.

Moraga, California
reviews: 79
10. Re: Which ATV company to choose for family of four?

Just go after a raining day. Much more fun to end with mud all over lol. My kids have done both and said it would be too hard to pick the favorite. They were leaning towards recommending Kauai ATV. They also said its much more fun to do when you can drive. My daughter did it the first time and couldn't drive. She said the second time (after 18) was much better. I think your boys will enjoy it.