We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luau @ Kiahuna Plantation

Which Koloa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
reviews: 23
Luau @ Kiahuna Plantation

Does anyone know if this luau can be purchased for show only tickets? I know Smith's charges a mere $15.00 per person for the show and not the food

7 replies to this topic
Southern California
Destination Expert
for Kauai
reviews: 5
1. Re: Luau @ Kiahuna Plantation

Kiahuna Plantation doesn't have a luau unless it's something brand new. Do you mean Luau Kalamaku at Kilohana?

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
reviews: 32
2. Re: Luau @ Kiahuna Plantation

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Kiahuna Plantation does not have a lu'au - there is (I think they are still having it!) a lu'au next door at the Sheraton Kaua'i - and there is one at the Grand Hyatt Kaua'i down the street - but those are the only ones here on the South Shore.

Puhi is about 15 minutes drive from here and Kilohana Estate has the big Lu'au Kalamaku - farther along and you have Smith's Family Lu'au in Wailua. These are the main ones on island (the St. Regis has one, but they don't call it a lu'au).

Not sure which one you are referring to.

Malama Pono,

Janet

new york
reviews: 23
3. Re: Luau @ Kiahuna Plantation

im referring to Lu'au Kalamaku . does anyone have info on whether or not i can purchase show only tickets?

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
reviews: 42
4. Re: Luau @ Kiahuna Plantation

Apparently, you can just purchase tickets for the show:

luaukalamaku.com/kauai_luau_packages_kalamak…

I have not been to this luau since 2002 but I remember walking around the grounds before dinner. They had several vendors set up as well as a big Hawaiian guy with drums (he let my then 6 month old play with them for quite a while). I got some great pictures. The also had an imu ceremony before dinner. Also, the food was pretty good. We really enjoyed the entire experience.

Edited: 11:39 am, March 25, 2011
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
reviews: 8
5. Re: Luau @ Kiahuna Plantation

Kilohana as mentioned does have a luau, and the word it that they put on a superb program.

Remember that Thrusday Nights is NCL ship night and they bus the masses from Nawiliwili Port to Kilohana.

So plan accordingly.

Denny

Spokane
reviews: 8
6. Re: Luau @ Kiahuna Plantation

Thanks for that tip Denny about Thursday nights. I did not realize that.

Kauai, Hawaii
reviews: 2
7. Re: Luau @ Kiahuna Plantation

It will be in all likelihood be quite full no matter what night you go, so don't worry about cruise people. They are just people! I don't think they let them on the boat if they bite.

Edited: 5:38 pm, March 25, 2011
Reply to: Luau @ Kiahuna Plantation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted