We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for Hula4me re WBV

Which Kapaa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, North...
Question for Hula4me re WBV

Hi,

You were the only person who responded to my question about unit 315, thank you. I did have a specific question about that unit. Is it a nonsmoking unit? I tried to ask the lady that we booked with but she never gave a straight answer, just saying that the maintainance person tries to keep people from smoking. I'm just a little concerned bc fiance and I are both allergic to cigarette smoke. This is the only reason we are second guessing our decision to rent at WBV -because we don't understand the smoking policy.

Kauai / Los Angeles
1. Re: Question for Hula4me re WBV

Probably means that it is a non-smoking unit, but like many others, people break the rules. Sometimes guests (especially from other countries) can't go 5 minutes without a ciggie fix. Even if they go out on the lanai the smoke could blow back into the unit, which is still far better than smoking inside the condo.

SLC, Utah
reviews: 1
2. Re: Question for Hula4me re WBV

We stayed at the WBV and never had an issue with smokers. And I have a real sensitive nose! Never smelled smoke once.

Durham, North...
3. Re: Question for Hula4me re WBV

Thanks! That makes me feel a little better.

San Antonio
4. Re: Question for Hula4me re WBV

MMNALA, I just called and was going to book 315, and I spoke with "Bill". He told me it was a smoking unit. I asked him several times, and he assured me it was smoking. I then changed and booked 310. Frustrating...

Durham, North...
5. Re: Question for Hula4me re WBV

We just switched to 310 as well!

San Antonio
6. Re: Question for Hula4me re WBV

MMNALA, I sure hope Bill is right since we both decided against 315. Oh well, all the units look really great and I know we will have a great time!

Kauai, Hawaii
7. Re: Question for Hula4me re WBV

Whoops! Sorry for the late reply. Too busy to read the forum lately. Glad others pitched in to answer.

Most of the units at Wailua Bay View are Non-Smoking. We have one outdoor sitting area (north side of buidling - the X15 end) that is designated for smoking. So, smokers who book a non-smoking room do have a place to go. Smoking is not allowed in the pool area, walkways, and other common areas. Smoking is not allowed on the lanais of non-smoking rooms, but unfortunately, smoking is allowed on the lanais of smoking rooms, which can carry over to non-smoking lanais. I would like to see smoking banned from all lanais, but that's just me.

My unit (210) is non-smoking and luckily all the rooms around mine are also non-smoking. I rarely smell any smoke from guests on smoking lanais. When I do, I have to close all the front windows until they're done, because their smoke comes right in through my windows. Grrrr!

Rant: Cigaratte and Cigar Smokers should be aware where their smoke is blowing and either smoke inside their smoking unit or at a designated smoking area.

The fresh air comes toward the building, from the ocean, so if someone is smoking on the lanai of a lower unit, it rises up and blows right in. Luckily my unit is rarely affected by smoke.

I love the smell of Kauai - and that's the smell I want wafting in through the open windows... not smoke. Cough, cough... /rant.

Kauai, Hawaii
8. Re: Question for Hula4me re WBV

By the way, in case you were wondering, 310 is also very well cared for. It's a nice unit. My husband and I will be in 210 June 21 - July 19, so if you're there during our stay, be sure to give a holler and a wave! Enjoy your stay!

SLC, Utah
reviews: 1
9. Re: Question for Hula4me re WBV

Hula: I totally agree!! I think all smoking should be banned from lanai's. Alot of smokers just don't care if their smoke blows into non-smoking areas. I am so allergic to cigeratte smoke - it's not even funny.

When we were on Maui a couple years back, we stayed in a non-smoking unit BUT, smoking was allowed on the lanai's. There were smokers in the unit next to ours and every single morning they would go out on their lanai and smoke and it blew into ours and into the condo. We had to close the sliding door and windows and stay inside. I couldn't enjoy my am coffee on the lanai. And it really ruined my whole trip! I emailed the owner of the condo and let them know the situation and that I would NOT return because of that. I know it's not their fault, they have to go by the rules of the condo but maybe if there's enough non-smokers, they can change that.

Everybody should be able to enjoy their vacation stay on the islands and having to smell someone's cigeratte smoke makes for a not so happy vacation. When you can't sit out on the lanai to enjoy - something needs to change.

10. Re: Question for Hula4me re WBV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, August 26, 2009