We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aston Aloha Beach Hotel Kapaa

Which Kapaa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 14
Aston Aloha Beach Hotel Kapaa

Has anyone been to this hotel recently? I read good and bad reviews, but would like to know the renovations are complete (the hotel website has no reference to any of this), and if the restaurant (s) are any good.

Also, are there good restaurants nearby?

Thank you! I just want our first time to Hawaii to be terrific!

Minneapolis, MN
reviews: 31
11. Re: Aston Aloha Beach Hotel Kapaa

We stayed at the Aloha Beach Hotel about a week ago. We got a really great deal, (cheapest trip I've ever taken to Hawaii) but I don't think I'd stay here again. The place was clean, so I don't have any compliants there, but its in desperate need of some serious updating. Over the course of our week there, the tv didn't work and the sliding door out to the pool got stuck and wouldn't open. The hot tub wasn't very hot and the bubbles were pretty sad. It sure doesn't look like they've done any renovations (the lobby looked nice, so maybe they did there?) The linens were really shabby, and if I hadn't brought my own pillow I wouldn't have been too happy, (though rumor is there replacing those in January) and the beds are quite hard, though I really only noticed it the first night, then I got used to it.

We had the breakfast buffet one day at their restaurant, and I didn't think it was worth the money. It was a really small buffet, no pancakes or french toast or anything along those lines. Otherwise we ate dinners at Hukilau Lanai, Cafe Coco (very reasonably priced), and Kintaro's and enjoyed them all.

On the other hand, though we didn't pay for an ocean view room, they gave us one. And not having to pay a "resort fee" or a parking fee was nice. And we spent very little time in our room.

So I don't know, I guess it depends on how tight your budget is. Personally, if I go back to Kauai, I'd happily pay a little more money for a better hotel experience.

California
reviews: 88
12. Re: Aston Aloha Beach Hotel Kapaa

CeeCee:

Your assessment is pretty much the same as mine except I didn't have an issue with the doors. I could barely see out the window but the slider was fine.

It is such a terrific location and just a shame the company who owns itcan't make it nicer.

I sent your comments onto my BIL who is liking their low, low rate, with a sidebar that he has been fairly warned that you sometimes get what you pay for. Thanks for adding you comments and I will remind him to bring pillows. I never leave home without mine!

Minneapolis, MN
reviews: 31
13. Re: Aston Aloha Beach Hotel Kapaa

jebett-

Yep, we're definitly on the same page. I kept thinking while there that this must have been a wonderful place 15 years ago, but they clearly haven't bothered to replace much of anything in all that time!

Weirdly though, our room had a nice granite counter top in the bathroom, so they must have updated that at some point. I sure wish they would have spent that money on the beds!

Nyack, New York
14. Re: Aston Aloha Beach Hotel Kapaa

I stayed there a year and a half ago and guess what?

I liked it!

Sure it was old and dated, but for the price and location it was just fine. They gave me an Ocean view room for $89. I guess I'm easy.

The staff was especially responsive to the expected problems that I encountered.

I was still on East Coast time so I woke up to these sunrises even without a balcony:

…google.com/wspeonk/…5360731677070489106

…google.com/wspeonk/…5360731683134937538

…google.com/wspeonk/…5360732001283933906

15. Re: Aston Aloha Beach Hotel Kapaa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, May 30, 2011