We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HBR pool

Which Hanalei hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Naples, Florida
reviews: 2
HBR pool

Is it true the waterfall in theHBR pool is no longer exists?

california
reviews: 4
31. Re: HBR pool

Are they doing Mai Tai Mondays at the pool still? I read this somewhere...

Also, what kinds of food/drink/snacks are available for purchase by the pool?

Thanks!

Naples, Florida
32. Re: HBR pool

Ok, I figure if anybody knows the answer to this, Jebett will. You might get a big laugh.. but what are those red lights at night behind HBR... coming up the hill like they are floating silently like balloons, we counted about 30 of them the first night. Maybe it was lack of sleep, maybe the mai tais, maybe military maneuvers? Maybe Raiders of the Lost Ark? Maybe Invaders of another kind???? Or do we really want to know??

Edited: 2:29 pm, September 17, 2012
Naples, Florida
33. Re: HBR pool

Yes, we enjoyed their mai tai party last Monday, I think it was from 4 to 5 pm. The mai tais were good!

Saratoga Springs...
reviews: 1
34. Re: HBR pool

We saw the red lights too when we were there last week. The bartender at the St. Regis told us they were sort of "candles in bags", the heat from the flame makes the bag rise. He said they sometimes do it for a party on the beach in Hanalei. He said he thought it had something to do with AA. Celebrating sober days or something.

Saratoga Springs...
reviews: 1
35. Re: HBR pool

Only food we saw was some bottles of water or soda at the towel kiosk. The BBQ guy that used to be there is gone. They told us it had to do with a lack of a permit to retail food. So bring your own to the pool.

Naples, Florida
36. Re: HBR pool

I think they are called sky lanterns? Wish we could've seen it from the beach, that would've been cool.

Edited: 8:20 am, September 19, 2012
Princeville, Hawaii
reviews: 11
37. Re: HBR pool

The ski lanterns or what ever are really dangerous. If they land on your roof and start a fire, you will know why.

Moraga, California
reviews: 79
38. Re: HBR pool

Personally I love the lanterns. I do not know anyone who's house has been burned down by them, but like everything else I guess it can happen. I just talked to this darling couple from Calgary who are at HBR on their honeymoon. They had 100 lanterns lit for their ceremony. I guess its a fad all over the world.

As far as food and drink at HBR's pool, the bbq guy is no longer at the resort. The health dept was on his case for no grease traps etc. In the tennis shop are snacks and drinks. The activity center is going to try and sell pre-made sandwiches and salads perhaps next spring. Who knows...maybe Happy Talk will be open by next summer!!!

california
reviews: 4
39. Re: HBR pool

Fingers crossed for Happy Talk open by next summer!

40. Re: HBR pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 22, 2013