We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wells Fargo Banks

Which Waikoloa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, NV
reviews: 1
Wells Fargo Banks

Any Wells Fargo Banks in the Waikoloa/Kona area??

Island of Hawaii...
reviews: 24
1. Re: Wells Fargo Banks

Not even on the island.

Hilo, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
reviews: 4
2. Re: Wells Fargo Banks

Nope, used to bank with them before moving here and looked ...

Bank of Hawai'i, First Hawaiian Bank, American Savings Bank, and Credit Unions. There must be ATM action at Waikoloa Beach Resort. There's a First Hawaiian up in Waikoloa Village.

You can get cash back on debit card purchases at the store and avoid the ATM fee.

Portland, OR
reviews: 38
3. Re: Wells Fargo Banks

I think you are out of luck. Usually I recommend contacting your local branch and seeing if they have a partner institution on the island, but I think with Wells you are just plain out of luck. Obviously you can use your card at an ATM, but you will have to pay both fees. The other place I get cash in those cases is getting cash back at grocery stores when using my debit card.

Good luck and happy travels

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 25
4. Re: Wells Fargo Banks

Yep bring several debit cards and when you hit the grocery stores ask for cash back if you are just wanting access to spending money. Bring your Safeway club card if you want discounts on groceries too and your Borders card if you buy any books/music at Kona Borders.

Kona, Hawaii
reviews: 5
5. Re: Wells Fargo Banks

Lots of ATM's about :)

Paradise, California
6. Re: Wells Fargo Banks

Why not just use a credit card?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
reviews: 15
7. Re: Wells Fargo Banks

We've always had the same problem with no Wells Fargo about. Bring some cash -- you will need some, and a credit card, and your debit card. There may be opportunities to get cash back.

Orange, CA
reviews: 8
8. Re: Wells Fargo Banks

I seem to remember when you get cash back at grocery stores and the like they will sometimes have a limit of $40 or so on the cash back. I can get up to $200 back here. Just keep that in mind.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
reviews: 15
9. Re: Wells Fargo Banks

Food Pantry (on Waikiki) let me take out $100 last year. I was shocked, as it was about 7:00 in the morning, and I only bought a box of granola bars. I could have hugged her. But generally, if an establishment will let you pull out some cash with a purchase ... it's only $20 or $40 dollars.

10. Re: Wells Fargo Banks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 12, 2011