We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Update?

Which Waikoloa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
reviews: 1
Marriott Update?

Any update on the Marriott construction? Are all the pools open now? Last posts said the old pool was under construction - is that finished? We'll be there in about a week and want to know what to expect.

California
1. Re: Marriott Update?

My sister and I will be there on the 11th. I'm also anxiously waiting for a construction update :-(

Hilo, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
reviews: 4
2. Re: Marriott Update?

my advice is to call the hotel directly, not the national number, the Waikoloa property.

I was there two weeks ago and only the new pool was open, not the water slide or keiki pool, and they were making noise working on them, also the poolside dining was closed and the walkway to the beach taped off.

Ask if that project is done with and if you could be so kind, post what you learn here.

Burlington, Canada
reviews: 28
3. Re: Marriott Update?

Hello Mamagym & KK,

I just spoke with the Waikoloa Marriott as we have reservations there for the end of April.

The children's pool is closed & they "hope" to have it completed by May 1st. My money is on June no disrespect intended. : )

The walkway around the pool area has been roped off but staff said the beach is still accessible.

The poolside bar has been relocated in the Clipper lounge.

Well I guess we have to look for an alternate hotel. I'm thinking the Hapuna Prince. Silly Marriott - it's too bad as we stayed here a couple of years ago & really enjoyed it.

Chris

Hilo, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
reviews: 4
4. Re: Marriott Update?

hey, thanks a bunch for the update!

So that sounds exactly like it was when I last stopped by three weeks ago.

for those who haven't been there, relocating the beach bar to the Clipper is a useless gesture unless you cared about the actual food items served at Nalu's Beach Bar. The ENTIRE point of going to the beach bar is the location with 180 degree panoramic view, and now it's operating set way back in the recesses of the hotel where they already had a bar for people who can't handle the wind blowing their beer over (lightweights!)

>>My money is on June no disrespect intended. : )

what, you aren't betting on July? Such an optimist! ;-)

NJ
reviews: 1
5. Re: Marriott Update?

I soooooooooooooo hope that all of your guesses for a finish in May/June are acurate. We have reservations starting Aug 10th that I booked over a year ago knowing that construction was going on but figured since they had an estimated date of completion in January, even with some extra time we would be all set. Now I am getting nervous - so lets hope that the pools finally get finished and it will be back to business for the pool bar.

Is the childrens pool the last of the construction?

Thanks for all the updates and please keep them coming.

Raleigh, NC
reviews: 62
6. Re: Marriott Update?

Both pools are now open. The only thing you will see regarding renovations is at the front entrance. To the right of the new driveway entrance is a fenced off area where they are working on gardens, etc...and to the left of the new driveway entrance is the new ballroom , which is nearly finished. Neither of these should affect your enjoyment of your vacation.

7. Re: Marriott Update?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, August 30, 2009