We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hapuna Room Question

Which Waimea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Hapuna Room Question

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Premium Oceanview room and an Oceanfront room? Is it in a different building? Will it be worth the $300 or so in price? That much better?

I am trying to surprise my wife for her birthday and we typically like a nicely furnished hotel. We stayed at the Kea Lani in Maui for our Honeymoon and loved the decor and setting. Any general information on will be helpful as well. We also stayed in a Condo in Poipu Beach in Kauai right on the water.We are defintely Hawaii lovers

Thanks in advance!

Juneau, AK
reviews: 1
1. Re: Hapuna Room Question

If you still want this info we just returned from the Hapuna. We were in a "Premium Oceanview" which means that is on the upper floor of building four which overlooks and is behind the lower building three where the "oceanfront" rooms are. Our room was FANTASTIC and well worth the money. In my opinion it would not be worth the extra money for the oceanfront as we had a fantastic view and only had a few more steps to the beach. The Hapuna Beach Prince was fantastic and I have never had better staff experiences. Every staff member we came in contact with was great. It's huge so even though it was full to capacity when we were there it felt like we had the place almost to ourselves. The ability to pop over to the sister resort at Mauna Kea was a plus as it has a different and more active vibe but looks equally great in a different way. Take the money you will save and go up to Wiamia(sp) for dinner at Merrimans. Eating there was a religious experience for me!

We loved it and will go back!