We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small hotel near Hapuna Beach, Big Island

Which Waimea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
reviews: 1
Small hotel near Hapuna Beach, Big Island

Can anyone recommend a decent place to stay that is not too expensive near Hapuna Beach on the Big Island? The hotels are just too costly for 8-10 days.

Thank you

Las Vegas
reviews: 7
1. Re: Small hotel near Hapuna Beach, Big Island

Try the Kamuela Inn in Waimea, rooms under $100.00 a night. 20 minute drive to Hapuna Beach.

Kona, Hawaii
reviews: 5
2. Re: Small hotel near Hapuna Beach, Big Island

Would you consider a condo or ohana? If so maybe Puako would be a good place to look into.

Canada
reviews: 27
3. Re: Small hotel near Hapuna Beach, Big Island

What is your nightly budget?

When are you visiting the Big island?

Do you prefer Hotel or condo?

Island of Hawaii...
reviews: 24
4. Re: Small hotel near Hapuna Beach, Big Island

Make sure you know what you get in Waimea. Even though it's only 30 minutes from Hapuna, it's at 2,000' elevation, it's cold and it's like Wyoming and not Hawaii. A condo at the Puako Beach Apartments would be a much better option.

California
reviews: 31
5. Re: Small hotel near Hapuna Beach, Big Island

On "name your own price" on Priceline.com the Hapuna Prince Hotel goes for $100. or less. Best deal on the island. Checkout the site www.biddingfortravel.com for going rates.

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 7
6. Re: Small hotel near Hapuna Beach, Big Island

Wow, $100 for Hapuna Prince. Sounds like a deal to me to be right on the beach for that price.

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 25
7. Re: Small hotel near Hapuna Beach, Big Island

Kamuella Inn in Waimea is your best budget place (about 15 - 20 minutes to Hapuna Beach). Includes juice/coffee/toast and free internet w/ T.V.

Check out my review (think my twin occupancy cost be $65 per night).

Lots of places in Waimea to eat as well and good central spot for exploring Kohala and and Waipio 'valley overlook and Waikoloa areas and Kona's not to far.

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 25
8. Re: Small hotel near Hapuna Beach, Big Island

Yes Waimea can be rainy and cool but if you are headed to the beach the cool weather can be really nice to come back too.

Vancouver
9. Re: Small hotel near Hapuna Beach, Big Island

Hi there...Prefer a hotel, just because it would have the pool and amenities that would keep my son busy. We are not going to eat much so not worried about having to make meals. In a hotel he could hopefully find other children to play with. I am finding that these hotels are just way toooo big. Would like something smaller and quaint but near or on the beach.

Thank you

Vancouver
10. Re: Small hotel near Hapuna Beach, Big Island

Sorry, forget to mention we are trying to get there for Dec 7th for 1 week. Our budget would be no more than $150.00 per night.