We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's celebrations?

Which Hilo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 1
New Year's celebrations?

My husband, moher and stepfather are leaving tomorrow for a trip to Hilo and will be there over New Year's. Does anyone know of any celebrations for New Year's, events, luaus, parties that will be happening on New Year's in the Hilo area?

Thanks so much

oakland, ca
1. Re: New Year's celebrations?

Legal, my wife and I are in pretty much the same boat. I'm still looking for activities, but so far it looks like most things are on the Kona side.

Pahoa HI
2. Re: New Year's celebrations?

There will be a lot of fireworks displays, public and private, all over Hilo.

oakland, ca
3. Re: New Year's celebrations?

Perfect. It sounds like a great night for packing a picnic and just chilling somewhere.

Based on the web information I've see today, it looks like private firework use is legal (or at least not aggressively discouraged). Oakland's like that - it's a hoot watching knuckleheads nearly blow themselves up. Thanks for the help.

Palm Springs...
reviews: 55
4. Re: New Year's celebrations?

You have to get a permit for the firecracker and bombs....it cost $25.00 and you can buy up to 5000 of these per permit.....no lomit on permit so for $100 you could get a permit to get 20,000........go for it