We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow King vs Teton Village vs Aspens Raquet Club

Which Jackson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
reviews: 42
Snow King vs Teton Village vs Aspens Raquet Club

I am in the process of planning our annual snowboard/ski trip, and i am having trouble figuring out the best place to book our lodging accomodations.

We are adults in our 30's, no kids, and are looking for a 2 bedroom condo close to the Jackson Hole Resort. Cost and location are both in consideration. We don't expect to find super luxurious accomodations but we also don't want to stay in a dump.

In our past experiences we have been pretty lucky to find 2-3 bedroom lodging for around $1000-1500 a week through VRBO. (Vail, Whistler BC, Breckenridge, Keystone, Park City).

We intend to snowboard/ski 4-5 days out of 7. But also want to have access to nightlife and dining. I am having trouble understanding the Jackson area.

It seems like there are several surrounding areas that serve the Jackson Hole Ski Resort and our purpose, but i'd rather hear from locals or people with experience.

Is transportation to and from Snowking in Jackson, or the Aspens @ the Jackson Hole Racquet Club viable options if we want to snowboard/ski @ Jackson Hole everyday? Is the daily commute a pain?

Obviously staying in Teton is our best option, but its much more expensive.

Also looking for accomodations that might give us a break or discount for lift tickets.

Thanks for your help

miami
reviews: 14
1. Re: Snow King vs Teton Village vs Aspens Raquet Club

I suggest the Aspens. It has all the accommodations & less expensive. If you rent through VRBO make sure to ask if they offer the shuttle pass to get you to Teton Village, if they don't you can purchase the pass at the management company in the Aspens. This has changed, before anyone can just hop on the bus but now if you don't have the pass you can't get on. We never rent a car so we use the shuttle to get to the slopes & the bus to go into town. If you don't have a car try to book a unit in the lower area of the hill just ask how close to the convenience store. If you have any questions, let me know. We always stay at the Aspens.

Have fun.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
reviews: 138
2. Re: Snow King vs Teton Village vs Aspens Raquet Club

We've been there 7 times in the winter and we stayed at Snow King one time. Don't do this as you don't want to ski Snow King and Snow King is "in town". Teton Village is about 10 miles from town and that is where you want to stay. If you can't stay at the base of the mountain then The Racquet Club is a good location.

We passed there many, many times, but I don't know the transportation system from there. The bus probably makes regular stops but I like the option of having a car. The bus would obviously drop you off right at the entrance to the ski hill vs. parking a distance away.

I use VRBO a lot and I don't think you will find a place at the base on VRBO. Take a look at the options at The Inn at Jackson Hole. I have stayed there a could of times, it is right at the base, it has options of rooms with some cooking capability, and it is relatively affordable. You might also be able to get a package that discounts the pricey lift tickets.

Consider a snowmobile trip into Yellowstone or to Granite Hot Springs as well as a day ski trip to Grand Targhee.

3. Re: Snow King vs Teton Village vs Aspens Raquet Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 18, 2009