We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun place to eat

Which Cody hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlantic City, New...
reviews: 32
Fun place to eat

We are stopping in Cody for one night of a 2 1/2 week trip. We will be driving from Yellowstone. Which route will be the most scenic to take? We are staying at The Cody and have tickets for the rodeo at night (August). I understand the rodeo is close enough to walk to from the hotel. Are there any fun restaurants on the way to the rodeo, maybe like a chuckwagon type place. Thank you.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 296
1. Re: Fun place to eat

I do not remember a chuckwagon style restaurant but in town there is the Wyoming Rib and Chop House which has very good steaks. We came out the east entrance of YNP to get to Cody in June 2008. Enjoy your trip.

Bemidji, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
reviews: 9
2. Re: Fun place to eat

The most scenic route is out the northeast entrance and over the Chief Joseph Highway. I'd recommend that you go beyond the turn for the Chief Joseph and drive another 35 or so miles to the Rock Creek Vista before turning back to take the Chief Joseph as that will get you over the Beartooth Pass (twice) and you will get to see all the vistas along the way.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
reviews: 38
3. Re: Fun place to eat

Here's a few places not mentioned that I have on my list for our trip. Haven't been to any yet so can't help on that.

Irma Hotel Restaurant http://www.irmahotel.com/html/menus.html

Cody Cattle Co (chuckwagon) http://www.thecodycattlecompany.com/

B Bar B Chuckwagon

New York City
reviews: 72
4. Re: Fun place to eat

The Irma Hotel, great place, very good buffet and a lot of western history.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 197
5. Re: Fun place to eat

Beartooth highway is the most scenic route from Yellowstone to Cody. Takes time. Out the east entrance to Cody is very pretty and takes about an hour. Irma Hotel would be a fun place to eat. They have a staged gun fight at 6 every evening. Quite corny, but fun :) No restaurants between the Cody and the rodeo. The Cody is a really nice hotel, by the way, and definitely a short walk to the rodeo from the hotel.

Depends on what you want to do-- if you have all day to get to Cody, I'd take the Beartooth. If you'd prefer to get to Cody sooner and perhaps take in the musuem there, go out the east entrance so you will have the day in Cody.

Cody
6. Re: Fun place to eat

Geysers on The Terrace (The Terrace) is right next to the rodeo. Great food, great atmosphere, great bar. 21 micro brews / craft beer on tap, great wine list, fabulous appetizers. The restaurant offers burgers, pastas, lighter fare as well as steaks and seafood. Reasonably priced.

7. Re: Fun place to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 26, 2010