We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chula Vista or Wilderness Resort/November

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pewaukee
Chula Vista or Wilderness Resort/November

We are planning a 1 or 2 night stay in the Dells this weekend. We have 2 boys 5 and 9 and can't decide between the Chula Vista or Wilderness Resort. We have never been to the Dells, even thogh we are Wisconsin natives (can you believe it!).

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
1. Re: Chula Vista or Wilderness Resort/November

In the most simple terms, Chula Vista will be a much less expensive stay. If you are going to stay one night, your boys probably won't get bored with the Chula facilities. Two nights, and they'll be ready to find more to do.

Check the other postings in the forum and also the ratings, and you get a pretty good idea of what to expect from each.

Hope you have a Great Time, no matter which you choose!

milwaukee
reviews: 57
2. Re: Chula Vista or Wilderness Resort/November

We stayed at Chula Vista during our very first visit to the dells which was in 2003. At the time our kids were 1 and 5. We enjoyed the stay at Chula vista along with the rooms, food and water park but of course it has changed with the new waterpark and condos. My bestfriend stayed at vista in august and did the all inclusive. She had a good time and claimed the food was good.

We stayed at the wilderness last weekend for the first time. We now have three kids ages 5 month, 4 and 8. The kids had a ball in the wave pools, lazy river and then the indoor/outdoor hot tubs. The arcade was also a hit with the kids. The only drawback for me was the fact that the wilderness is sooo enormous and almost to capacity. After staying at the polynesian, raintree and chula I sure wasn't used to catching shuttles, running between buildings and having different parts to the hotel. For example when we first arrived

at the wilderness we went to the first registration sign we saw which happened to be the New Frontier lobby. We were able to pre-register but then we were given a map and told that our rooms were in the Wild West section. Everything required a walk that lasted at least 5 mins. for us. Granted there was plenty to do and our kids had a blast the only time I will ever stay at the Wilderness again is during off peak season on a Sun - Thurs. I hate crowds, especially when I want to relax.

The one plus for both resorts is that there are decent water parks, arcades and restaurants and you may rarely have to leave the premises. I don't know it there are any conventions this weekend in the dells that would cause some places to be filled to capacity. But when I first called the wilderness and inquired about a room the rep said "oh, we only have 30 rooms left for that day". That is a clear indication that the resort is going to be crowded. If you don't mind crowds then it's not even an issue.

After all is said I agree with Elveric...you can't go wrong with either one. I think your kids would enjoy both.

BTW we loved the room at the wilderness. We had a balcony with a view of one of the indoor/outdoor hot tubs.

3. Re: Chula Vista or Wilderness Resort/November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, August 18, 2009