We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water park with suites or double rooms?

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stillwater
Water park with suites or double rooms?

Hi I've never been to the Dells. Am planning a trip there this Fall with 2 preschoolers and 4 adults. Anyone have any recommendations for a water park that caters more to the little ones, and offers double rooms or suites to accommodate all if us?

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 103
1. Re: Water park with suites or double rooms?

more caters to the little ones is definitely Great Wolf. In summer (I like the outside there a lot) I'd vote for The Polynesian but since it'll be Fall I'd probably go with Great Wolf. You can check out the websites and decide which one suits your group better, for both the waterpark and the accommodation for all part.

http://www.greatwolf.com/dells/waterpark\

www.dellspolynesian.com

Iowa
reviews: 334
2. Re: Water park with suites or double rooms?

Great Wolf Lodge is great for little ones. In additonal to the waterpark (which includes tiny slides just for young kids/toddlers), there's also a Magic Quest on property. The clock show in the lobby each evening is geared towards little kids.

We also really liked the Wilderness; the waterparks are big (bigger than Great Wolf). It has several arcades, laser tag, a haunted house. Probably better for older kids (6 and up), but I'm sure younger kids would enjoy it as well.

We had just basic rooms at both resorts, but I know Widerness has a variety of accomodations, including condos and houses you can rent. I'm not sure what Great Wolf all has.

Edited: 2:52 pm, September 05, 2013
Elm Grove, Wisconsin
reviews: 27
3. Re: Water park with suites or double rooms?

The Glacier Canyon Lodge part of the Wilderness has condo-style rooms with up to 3 bedrooms so you will find one to accommodate all of you.

The Wilderness does have areas for little kids but the waterparks in general are big and very busy at peak times (like Thanksgiving) but it sounds like you have plenty of adults to keep an eye on the little ones. We always choose Glacier Canyon Lodge/Wilderness over the other parks primarily because of their family-friendly rooms but also because everything is connected via a skywalk - you never have to use the car or go outside, which is very convenient in the winter months. The skywalks can be long though so if you do stay here you may want to bring a stroller or wagon for the kids.

http://www.glaciercanyonlodge.com/

Edited: 11:29 am, September 06, 2013
Chicago
reviews: 20
4. Re: Water park with suites or double rooms?

The condos at the Wilderness

Plover, Wisconsin
reviews: 10
5. Re: Water park with suites or double rooms?

We recently stayed at Chula Vista, they offer some nice 2 bedroom condos.

6. Re: Water park with suites or double rooms?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 17, 2014