We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wisconsin Dells - which resort for 2 adults and 3 kids?

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belle Plaine
reviews: 16
Wisconsin Dells - which resort for 2 adults and 3 kids?

We've been regulars going to the Dells for years. We are trying to decide which place to stay for our late Oct. trip. We have had several happy stays at the Wilderness. The closest to a bad stay was the Polynesian and that was years ago and just disappointing. Last yr was Mt Olympus which we liked because we had one of the 2 bedroom suites and those are not available this year. We have never been to the Kalahari or Chula Vista which both look interesting. The ages of the kids are 12, 9, & 8 so they are past having a lot of fun with the splash parks and need more swimming type pools. We have been considering a Meadowbrook Dells package with 3 waterpark days included but so many of those seem to be geared toward 2 adults and 2 kids. I don't want to be gouged for prices because of the extra kid isn't in the package deal. What have been your experiences with package deals for the Dells? Is it worth the hassle of driving to the waterpark and are they a good value?

3 replies to this topic
Iowa
reviews: 277
1. Re: Wisconsin Dells - which resort for 2 adults and 3 kids?

We're a family of five too, and did a package deal at Indian Trail motel a few weeks ago that included tickets to Noah's Ark. BUT....my Mom and Dad went with too as did my brother and his wife, so since we got four Noah's Ark tickets per room the "extra" kid was covered. If it had just been our family of five going, we would not have done the package deal.

Since you haven't stayed at Chula Vista or Kalahari yet, maybe give one of them a go? I think Chula is less expensive than Kalahari.

chicago
reviews: 19
2. Re: Wisconsin Dells - which resort for 2 adults and 3 kids?

Wilderness and Kalahari are the best, they are too old for the Polynesian and wolf, chula is not recommended

Minnesota
reviews: 266
3. Re: Wisconsin Dells - which resort for 2 adults and 3 kids?

Since you say that you've stayed at the Wilderness several times, I'd recommend either the Kalahari or Chula Vista. We have stayed at both many times. Chula is less expensive. We have always stayed in a condo at Chula. They are very nice and have a hot tub in the room. Chula's offers a few unique rides and they are good for your ages of kids. Just stay away from purchasing the "club" and you will be fine. Compared to Mnt Olympus, where you stayed last year, Chula is much better. The Kalahari is larger and offers many more ride options, but it depends how much you would like to spend. Since you haven't gone to either, I'd recommend Chula this year and Kalahari next year!

Reply to: Wisconsin Dells - which resort for 2 adults and 3 kids?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted