We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indoor water park for adults

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 7
Indoor water park for adults

Hello

My girlfriend and I are coming from Australia to see the Packers play on October 27 and Minneapolis and then against the Bears at Lambeau on November 4. We are spending the week in between at the Dells.

I love the idea of indoor water parks (we don't have anything like that in Queensland, Australia) and I really want to go to one. They all seem to be mad for children though. I was just wondering if you guys could give me advice on which park would be best to visit if you don't have children?

Also, any other suggestions for what we can do while we are there? We will be there for Halloween and I'm hoping there will be some festivities for this?

Thanks guys!!!

10 replies to this topic
Wisconsin
reviews: 36
1. Re: Indoor water park for adults

A quick internet search and I don't think there is any reason kids would be out of school mid-week that time of year.....

My husband and I (no kids) have spent time in the Dells both by ourselves and with our niece and nephew. I personally think the best indoor water parks are at the Wilderness. However, we once got a great all-inclusive (including some adult beverages) at Chula Vista mid-week off-season that would be hard to pass up. If a similar deal (around 100$ a night for lodging, water park food and beverages for two) is available there, that would be my first choice. We once stayed at the Kalahari, and although others love it, it wasn't our favorite. Again, it somewhat depends on the deals that time of year.

You could also consider spending some time in Madison proper which is only a slight detour between the Dells and Green Bay. It has a big Halloween party, although somewhat dominated by college students. Because I choose to run a Halloween marathon in a Madison suburb, I've yet been able to truly experience the true Halloween party. I understand it's quite unique- but geared toward a young-ish crowd. Lots of interesting sights in Madison, party or not. I'm not sure exactly what Halloween events happen in the Dells.

Anything in particular that interests you?

Edited: 1:26 am, August 26, 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 51
2. Re: Indoor water park for adults

A week in Wisconsin Dells (especially after the summer season) seems like a long time.

There's lots to do in Minneapolis, Madison is also a good choice, and there's at least a day's worth of things in Green bay itself if you go there a day or two before the game.

Janesville...
reviews: 26
3. Re: Indoor water park for adults

I agree with Andee. One week in the Dells is a lot especially since a lot of the outdoor things to do will be closed for the season. Our family loves the Minneapolis area. There is so much to see and do there, including the absolutely huge Mall of America which has an Amusement Park and Entertainment venues inside. A few days in Madison, WI could also give you some interesting things to do. Plenty of things to see there including Halloween festivities.

Iowa
reviews: 277
4. Re: Indoor water park for adults

Agree that a week in the Dells is a lot....even in the summer:-). I think in the fall you'll run out of things to do by day 3. Maybe just a night or two in the Dells would suffice?

For waterpark resorts, we really enjoyed the Wilderness. I've heard great things about the Kalahari as well. Kalahari has a (extremely small, mostly arcade games) indoor theme park, as well as a movie theater nearby.

After a night or two in the Dells, maybe you'd like to spend the remaining nights in Door County, Wisconsin.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 92
5. Re: Indoor water park for adults

just enjoy the Tundra Waterpark in Green Bay for a taste of it. If you're really gung ho most split there time between Kalahari and Wilderness in the Dells. Read reviews and decide for yourself which best suits (also their websites) Young children that are not school age could be at the resorts then again other resorts are more tailor made for the young child. School age children are in school that week unless some districts have mid term a day or two off in October. A non weekend works best then in any case.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
6. Re: Indoor water park for adults

I agree with needtogetaway about the Halloween party in Madison. If you feel you can party with college kids Madison is definitely the party place to be on Halloween. Madison has great restaurants and other things to do, so you could definitely spend a few days there.

My favorite adult activity near the Dells is the Wollersheim winery, which has surprisingly good wines. It's located in Prairie du Sac. I'm not sure if you will be there in season, but at certain times of the year you can see eagles along the Wisconsin River in Prairie du Sac. If the weather cooperates, which it often does not in late October/ early November you could also do some bike riding. There are several great trails near the Dells. Hiking at Devils Lake State Park would also be good, weather permitting.

Wisconsin
7. Re: Indoor water park for adults

I just checked and Freakfest (the Madison Halloween party) is Oct. 26, so unfortunately that would be out for them.

I agree that given the time of year, a week in the Dells is probably a little long unless you get lucky weather wise to do some of the local state parks, etc.

We LOVE waterparks, but usually only stay 3 nights when we go to the Wilderness. Chula Vista we stayed 2 nights and that was enough there.

Wisconsin
8. Re: Indoor water park for adults

To throw out another suggestion of something to do in the Dells area, there is the Crane Foundation in the nearby town of Baraboo. They are actually open until Oct. 31 this year:

https:/…hours-and-directions.html

chicago
reviews: 19
9. Re: Indoor water park for adults

Two nights each at wilderness and Kalahari

Chicago Suburbs
reviews: 17
10. Re: Indoor water park for adults

A couple days in the Dells will be enough. Spend some time in Chicago.

Reply to: Indoor water park for adults
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted