We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Large group need help

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Large group need help

I am trying to organize a family trip to the Dells around Christmas and need help. There will be 11 of us with 5 adults and 6 kids (ages 5 to 17). We are looking at the best and most affordable lodging (keep everyone together or get multiple rooms) and ideas to keep everyone busy besides the waterpark. I have been to the Dells many times in the summer, but never in the winter. Will there be enough to do if we stay a few days? Are any cabin rentals available in the winter months?

Iowa
reviews: 328
1. Re: Large group need help

If you're planning on staying for a few days, I'd definitely stay at one of the waterpark resorts. Otherwise, I think you might have a hard time finding enough stuff to do.

Minnesota
reviews: 319
2. Re: Large group need help

Most Dells attractions are shut down in the winter. I agree, a waterpark hotel would be the best bang for your buck. Your kids would definitely enjoy it. The Wildness has good rates.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 4
3. Re: Large group need help

Just got done planning a family vacation a few months ago. We rented a 5 bedroom cabin from the wilderness which was pricey (about $500/night) but it was awesome. Everyone had their own bathroom which was nice and there were two livingrooms, a huge kitchen, huge deck, etc. You could always try to snag a 4 bedroom presidential unit off ebay that would be cheap (under $200/night typically). If they don't have your dates listed, contact a few members for pricing. We're heading to the presidential unit here towards the later part of September so I can't attest to those quite yet, but they seem quite spacious, a 4 bedroom unit is over 2500 sq. feet. We haven't tried the Kalahari bc quite simply bc of the cost factor, I just can't justify spending double to experience the Kalahari. Good luck, you'll have a ton of fun.

Jackson, Wisconsin
reviews: 123
4. Re: Large group need help

Other activities skiing at Cascade. Snow shoeing at Mirror Lake state Park

I am not absolutely sure , but Ithink one of the horse stables may offer horse drawn carriage rides.

Wilderness now has indoor mini golf in addition to the arcade

5. Re: Large group need help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:11 am, December 02, 2013
6. Re: Large group need help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 28, 2014