We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ethnic stores?

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Windsor, Canada
reviews: 26
ethnic stores?

i know it's probably far fetched, but..... do you, guys, have any Polish deli stores in Wisconsin Dells?

thank you....

9 replies to this topic
Wisconsin
reviews: 11
1. Re: ethnic stores?

Can't think of any in the Dells but there are two places in Adams-Friendship that have signs outside claiming to be Polish delis. I haven't been in either one. They would be about a 1/2 hour drive from the Dells.

Edited: 4:01 pm, August 15, 2013
Iowa
reviews: 327
2. Re: ethnic stores?

I went in a store last weekend at the Dells that had European food items (no idea if it was Polish or not). The store was downtown, on the south side of the street. I can't remember the name of the store, but I'm pretty sure it had the word European in it since I knew before walking in it was an ethnic store.

It had a small deli, baked items, and a few groceries.

Windsor, Canada
3. Re: ethnic stores?

duly noted, ppowner and kren250.....

googling adams-friendship right now... what is it?

thank you, guys..... :)

Wisconsin
4. Re: ethnic stores?

Adams/Friendsip is two towns - Adams and Friendship- that are geographically right next to each other and over the years have sort of grown into each other, so the communities are referred to as one name. I was able to Google Polish deli there and two places did come up so you should be able to find them too. They may not have their own websites but you can get some general info.

Windsor, Canada
5. Re: ethnic stores?

thank you ppowner, i'll be sure to check them out.... :)

Wisconsin
6. Re: ethnic stores?

When we drove through the Dells this weekend, I saw a sign for Polish food downtown. I believe it was in the 300 block of Broadway, on your left as you are heading away from the river. It's in the strip of stores next to the gyro ride (you probably aren't familiar with that :) The store that kren referred to is on the other side of the road and down closer to the Fudge shop on the corner across from Nigs, at 126 Broadway. I did see a sign for pierogis (spelling?) in the window, but I haven't been in there to see what else. Here is a link wiscnews.com/business/article_1a76d4da-0757-…

So, I learned something this weekend. Even though we are in the area every weekend, we don't go downtown Dells too much. Hope you find some good stuff!

Windsor, Canada
7. Re: ethnic stores?

hey, guys, been there and now i'm back in my town... :)

we just came back from a wonderful week at wisconsin dells and we found the little polish eatery - we had polish potatoe pancakes there and waffles with loads of whipped cream and syrup :)... twice...

and on the other side of broadway was a small polish deli, but we could never make it there in time... they open from 2 pm till 8 pm, but then on wednesday we waited till 2:25pm and they were still closed... so we managed without them...

wow - that's what i have to say about wisconsin dells; despite the small indigenous population /something over just 2 thousand inhabitants, they say/ it looked so much bigger with all those tourists and so many attractions around... we traversed broadway street many times, day or night... had a coffee here and there, ice cream, etc.

my favourite was the upper dells boat tour, then the jet boat, and well - wisconsin ducks.../it would be wonderful if they could reduce the engine noise and gasoline smell/, but well - it needs all this power to travel water and land and also in between.... :)

overall had a great time and will return there one day for sure...

ppowner - it's nice to know what you are talking about in your post #6, because we've been there and know exactly where it is... :)

Edited: 11:56 am, August 25, 2013
Wisconsin
8. Re: ethnic stores?

Hi Zabba - glad you had a good trip! You had pretty good weather, too. The week before was much cooler. My husband and I have a vacation place just outside the Dells so we are up there almost every weekend between May and October. We don't go into the Dells a lot during the height of the summer tourist season, but there are a few times when we want to go to a restaurant or another town east of the Dells and we have to go through town. I wouldn't have paid much attention to the Polish deli if Kren hadn't mentioned it. I had to find it for myself then. The other Polish place was just by luck I saw that sign. P.S. We love the upper Dells boat trip - it is gorgeous in the fall when the leaves turn. That's really what the Dells is about and what started it as a tourist destination - people came to see the scenery and the logs being brought down the river from up north.

Windsor, Canada
9. Re: ethnic stores?

that's a thought - come back when the leaves turn... sounds like a good idea... now we have to build up our vacation time and visit other places before we visit your area again... :)

thank you all for your advice....now... back to work.... :(

Reply to: ethnic stores?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted