We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timbavati or Deer Park (again)?

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
reviews: 327
Timbavati or Deer Park (again)?

We leave in a few weeks for the Dells. I'm debating whether we want to check out Timbavati Wildlife Park, or re-visit the Wisconsin Deer Park. The kids would really like to see the Deer Park again (we visited it two years ago), but I like to check out something new each time we go. We're thinking this might be our last trip to the Dells for a while (want to try someplace new next summer), so this could be our only chance to see Timbavati.

Has anyone here been to both? If so, how did they compare? Would you re-visit Deer Park or visit for the first time Timbavati?

5 replies to this topic
Calgary, Canada
reviews: 12
1. Re: Timbavati or Deer Park (again)?

Do not bother with Timbavati. There is very little to see and at $18.95 per person is a rip off. We got in for free with passes from Kalahari wished we had not wasted our time.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 94
2. Re: Timbavati or Deer Park (again)?

ok for new you could check out the International Crane Foundation in Baraboo

www.savingcranes.org

or the Big Cat Rescue:

http://www.wisconsinbigcats.org/

A return trip to the Deer Park may be well received as well, from the fact that you enjoyed it a lot the last time.

Timbavati has has mixed reviews through the year, I just never was interested, and hearing the price if that is it, definitely the Deer Park or something new. Happy travels!

Edited: 4:18 pm, July 24, 2013
Marion, Iowa
reviews: 53
3. Re: Timbavati or Deer Park (again)?

I have never been to Timbavati and the reason is I have heard from all the locals that own hotels there that it is a real let down and not at all what its portrayed is what other guests and tourists have told them.

Iowa
reviews: 327
4. Re: Timbavati or Deer Park (again)?

Thanks for the replies:-). I think we'll probably end up doing the Deer park again. I would prefer to do the Big Cat Rescue and the Crane Foundation, but when I mentioned that to the kids they still really want to do the Deer Park.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 94
5. Re: Timbavati or Deer Park (again)?

I'm with you kren250 I love to pick something new each time, but sometimes its hard as the family loves a certain place and it warrants a re-visit. I always enjoy the re-visits but also love something new. Have fun!

Edited: 11:28 am, July 25, 2013
Reply to: Timbavati or Deer Park (again)?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted