We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Circus World - worth it?

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Level Contributor
169 posts
3 reviews
Circus World - worth it?

We arrive in the Dells this Sunday, July 28. I see there is a model/garden train event this weekend at Circus World, and our son is a HUGE train nut right now. Wondering if anyone knows if the admission to this is extra or if it's included in the regular admission price? Also, is Circus World best as an all day attraction? We could save it for Monday or Tuesday but would miss the train event as that is just this weekend. Thanks for any help!

Oh - and along that line.....how much time should we expect to spend at the Deer Park?

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
5,584 posts
114 reviews
1. Re: Circus World - worth it?

It doesn't need to be all day. It's good to take in the circus, picnic on the grounds, view some of the wagons/history...I'd say 2-3hrs is good...plus the train thing. I don't know if it's included or not...usually when they have a train show at the Domes in Milwaukee I don't think they charge extra for that and it uses one full dome (the show dome). Call Circus World direct if you don't spot it on their website.

For the Deer Park I'd say spend a good hour or 1.5 hrs. there. I don't think it's much more than that, leisurely explore and enjoy for a bit of time and move on.

Edited: 4:59 pm, July 23, 2013
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Level Contributor
169 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Circus World - worth it?

Thank you! Also, are there places to get discounts or coupons for these attractions? I did print out a $1 off coupon from the Riverside & Great Northern Railway website, but wondering about the Deer Park and Circus World - don't see anything on their websites.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
34 reviews
3. Re: Circus World - worth it?

Circus World has a couple of live shows plus the circus performance. You might check their website for times and plan your visit accordingly.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
5,584 posts
114 reviews
4. Re: Circus World - worth it?

Three years ago we got an Opa card and got 35%off the Deer Park. A friend gave us a card but maybe you can find one. I don't like paying to get cards. Here's an old thread where its discussed about the Opa card a bit. Maybe you can find one or be lucky enough to have one passed on to you for great savings.

It used to be Circus World would be free for 11 and under with (free) Culver's card but they don't do them starting this year. Maybe the fun cards, those might be cheap enough to be worth it. Some motels give discount cards/coupons/deals free with stays there as well.

That coupon for Riverside was the only I found was the one on their website. Happy travels!

5. Re: Circus World - worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, July 26, 2014