We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deciding on condo

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
reviews: 14
Deciding on condo

Family of 6- 26,24,14,16 with parents mostly boys

Great Wolf

Wilderness Lodge

Khalari

Chula Vista

Looking for 2 bedroom condo as nice or nicer than Great Wolf, we went there when it just opened.

We want the water park/pool on site.

Opinions?

Also what else to do besides go carts, will be there 3 nites

Minnesota
reviews: 308
1. Re: Deciding on condo

The Wilderness gives the best bang for the buck. We love the Glacier Canyon Condos. We have had 2 and 3 bedroom condos. Check out the Wilderness website. They have a lot to offer. The Kalahari has a great indoor water park. The indoor theme park would mostly be on the young side for the ages of your kids.

Saint Louis...
2. Re: Deciding on condo

One of the older boys is not coming. I am looking at the websites, The Wilderness looks great and of course comes with a higher cost.....

3rd Chaise to the...
reviews: 31
3. Re: Deciding on condo

Kalahari did a remodel last spring on the indoor theme park -- adding games and activities for older kids.

If you are looking to stay on the site and find activities you would be hard to beat Kalahari. There is a huge movie theater and bowling as well as the other activities.

Look for deals on their website.

Saint Louis...
4. Re: Deciding on condo

Looks good. Staying at a nicer place is important to me.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
reviews: 94
5. Re: Deciding on condo

Kalahari is more condensed and Wilderness is more spread out. Chula is less popular which can be good or bad but it has it's fans. I love the overview picture of Chula Vista and found it to be a very pretty and neat location. I think if we went to a bigger one I would actually prefer Chula to the others but it's all in personal preference. As far as waterparks it sounds like the Kalahari is a great choice especially for older kids, it even has a water coaster of sorts they offer now too. They seem to add on stuff pretty frequently to keep things enticing/interesting. For older kids Kalahari would be my choice.

Edited: 5:05 pm, July 16, 2013
Minnesota
6. Re: Deciding on condo

Being you are going during the summer months, we prefer the Wilderness over the Kalahari. Both Wilderness and Kalahari are suited for older kids/adults. We prefer the condos at the Wilderness and Glacier Canyon over the Kalahari. We have stayed in dessert rooms and the Village suite at Kalahari. Kalahari's Entertainment Villa is similar to that of Glacier Canyon's suite, but MUCH more expensive.

Nebraska
reviews: 12
7. Re: Deciding on condo

We did glacier canyon lodge. Found a 3 Br 2 Bath on ebay for an excellent price. Enjoyed Wilderness over Kalahari.

Saint Louis...
8. Re: Deciding on condo

I have found 2 condo's on ebay- a 2 bedroom and a 3 bedroom, deciding if we can go with a 2 bedroom to save a few hundred dollars and if my young adult and teenage boy will share a bed since I have 3 kids going.

Nebraska
reviews: 12
9. Re: Deciding on condo

We enjoyed the extra room, but usually you don't spend a lot of time in the room. Also when you go and need a break from the sun we took the boys to Magic Quest and had a great time.

Minnesota
10. Re: Deciding on condo

The three bedroom is large. We had 6 adults and 5 kids in the 3 bedroom. Very nice to have a washer and dryer in the room.